DIY Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i am new to electric cars i am trying to research about it i have seen on you tube about a axial flux altinator diy by wingin kits for making a windmill i was wondering could this be used as a wheel motor thank you for you help

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi donnie,

I don't think so. But if you're interested, I suggest you read this. http://www.diyelectriccar.com/forums/showthread.php/open-source-hub-motor-wheel-motor-14185.html There was an attempt. 16 months. 443 posts. 104,821 views. And what do we have? Nothing :)

Regards,

major
thankyou for responding major i dont know much about it but i know or think i know that a motor will produce electricity and a altenator can be used as a motor i am not sure of if it is powerfull enough to (the diy altenator for sale on the web site )(wingenkits.com)if it has enough torque or speed with a load i know it would be perfect to make a wheel motor out of as far as the way it is constructed as far as the atenators out put i am looking at web site it says for a 15 MPH wind it produces 198 watt it says in a 30 mph wind it produces 1600 watts well it says alot more than that but i dont know much about it so if any one can help explian more to me if this will have the torque and also speed i have also heard about a washing machine motor that is like this called a smart motor that it was able to produce over 700 volts evryone on you tube is trying to use these as altenaters for wind mills i wonder if they might be used as electric wheel motors for a car thank for any advise anyone

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.