DIY Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
I am starting on a electric motorcycle project. But want to know how to calculate the top speed and range of the motorcycle.

Motorcycle weight :130Kgs
Driver & passenger :180Kgs
Battery voltage : 48V
Motor power : 2KW
Torque Rated : 3Nm
Peak Torque : 10Nm
RPM Rated : 4500rpm

What amps is required to reach 150 KM range and top speed 100Kmph?

Kindly suggest

·
Registered
7,837 Posts
Hi
I am starting on a electric motorcycle project. But want to know how to calculate the top speed and range of the motorcycle.

Motorcycle weight :130Kgs
Driver & passenger :180Kgs
Battery voltage : 48V
Motor power : 2KW
Torque Rated : 3Nm
Peak Torque : 10Nm
RPM Rated : 4500rpm

What amps is required to reach 150 KM range and top speed 100Kmph?

Kindly suggest
Hi Srir,

I don't think it's possible with those numbers. You might benefit from looking at other eMC conversions. See EValbum search page for motorcycles. There might be a few in our DIY garage.

Regards,

major

·
Registered
4,604 Posts
2 kW is less than three horsepower... about the power of the smallest gas engine found on a lawnmower. Does it seem reasonable that this much power can push a motorcycle through the air at 100 km/h? Without doing any drag and power calculations, that just seem wildly unreasonable to me. A 50 km/h top speed might be a more reasonable expectation.

·
Registered
4,604 Posts
Excellent article.

I note that the 125 cc motorcycle managed just under 100 km/h in stock form, and just over that with the first round of mods... on 9 HP (6 kW). The full streamliner uses about half the fuel, so it has about half the drag and 100 km/h would still need about 3 kW. Anything close to 100 km/h on a 2kW motor in this bike seems unlikely to ever happen... at any current.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts