DIY Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, this is my first post on the site so not sure how it all works, but any help would be great.

I am basically looking to make a compact, single rider golf cart. I am basing the design off of a mobility scooter.

So far, I am looking to use a 48v 1800w brushless motor with a 48v system/controller. I have been considering 4x 12V 12AH lead acid batteries.

I am wondering if this will be enough power to go up small hills on a golf course, and will the battery last long enough to get through 18 holes? The average round of golf sees about 3-6 miles of distance traveled if that helps. The motor claims an average current draw of 30A. So if the battery's have a 48AH capacity, then 48/30 = 1.6 hours of run time at mid range power? Subtract Losses of course.

I am attempting to do this on a smaller budget of under $800. The photo below is an existing cart that I am roughly designing off of. However I am making mine even more compact and lightweight.

Any insight would be helpful! Does this setup make sense, and would is last a round of golf? considering the budget

Thanks,

James (Canada)

·
Super Moderator
1,327 Posts
Yeah, it'll probably be fine. Cheap E-bikes have batteries that small and they'll do 10 miles at much higher speed.

Lithium might even be cheaper than lead-acid though, and certainly you'll get more capacity and longevity out of them.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts