DIY Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi There,

First post!

I'm looking to do a conversion of an older model direct drive ski boat (something like a 20' ski nautique). I don't have an exact model in mind because I was hoping to talk to someone that has done a similar project to see their experiences and to spec the major components (motor and battery).

Hope someone has done this already!

Thanks!

·
Registered
4,301 Posts
Hi There,

First post!

I'm looking to do a conversion of an older model direct drive ski boat (something like a 20' ski nautique). I don't have an exact model in mind because I was hoping to talk to someone that has done a similar project to see their experiences and to spec the major components (motor and battery).

Hope someone has done this already!

Thanks!
The amount of power it takes to get a boat up to speed and sustain is very high compared to cars, motorcycles, or bikes because of the continued drag of water on the hull compared to air and rolling resistance.

Not to say it can't or hasn't been done, but the faster you want to go means squaring the power required, and battery capacity needed.

I have a buddy that recently converted a 17'er from a big 350 chevy motor to electric, and he gets about an hour of 'motoring' from a 120v x 100ah pack of AGMs.... but going faster sucks'em dry pretty fast.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts