DIY Electric Car Forums banner

361 - 380 of 393 Posts

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
I really like the contours you added to the rear lights shrouds. It looks thematically consistent and I consider it an upgrade to the original look. Hopefully the fiberglass turns out good too.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #364
Matching fiberglass molds and doing some electrical testing. I really could use some additional insights on the electrical testing. Check it out and let me know what you think

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Tools of the week is us? U wot m8?

I'd give fiberglass advice on how to mount it to the vehicle, but it's no better than just googling how to do it. Heck the recommended videos after your last video were half about how to do your own fiberglass work.

The back sculpting you did is looking really good.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I’m not sure if i missed it in the video, but did you try checking for isolation/continuity/voltage leakage etc.. between the terminals and the aluminum heat transfer portion on each battery module ?

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #371
Good thought! I have tried with one battery module but not each battery module. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
I think you've gone great for a firsttimer doing fiberglass, changing methods every piece. Looks great.

Very little of the original kit left in there :p

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
I appreciate the triple-screen timelapse. Boring-ish work that's still interesting to see being done, but I don't need to sit and stare at only one place.

·
Registered
243 Posts
I appreciate the triple-screen timelapse. Boring-ish work that's still interesting to see being done, but I don't need to sit and stare at only one place.
Agreed. That was a very effective use of our/your time. It's also great to see your progress as I'm still dawdling along on my build.

B

361 - 380 of 393 Posts