DIY Electric Car Forums banner

381 - 393 of 393 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
I had to come back and look at your Chargepoint. I got a really good deal on the same brand through my utility, but I picked the four wire, NEMA 14-50 version instead of the three wire, NEMA 6-50 version. I have the dual gang 50 amp breakers to back it up, fortunately. I'm nowhere near really needing it but I didn't think I could pass up the offer.

B

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #383
I had to come back and look at your Chargepoint. I got a really good deal on the same brand through my utility, but I picked the four wire, NEMA 14-50 version instead of the three wire, NEMA 6-50 version. I have the dual gang 50 amp breakers to back it up, fortunately. I'm nowhere near really needing it but I didn't think I could pass up the offer.

B
Me too, for my application this is way more than I need.

·
Registered
501 Posts
Awesome work. If only it were that easy here. Our restrictions on registering cars make it sooooo difficult. But that is a credit to you so far. Can't wait to see it finished.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Love the build! I've been binging your videos all weekend!

I was a fan of the K1 Attack in 2000 but didn't get one then, then heard the original company was stopping production and I stopped following them. I was so excited to see someone doing something fun with one!

The idea of using a Tesla rear drive is great, too. You now have me thinking of doing this with a Factory Five 33HR or 35 Truck like Megatron451 is doing on here.

I know its already done, but you could have used kleco's when attaching the flares to the main body, or self tapping screws, to hold it in place while bonding and fiber-glassing them on, and filled in the holes once its attached.

As for the wheel well lip, the foam is a good idea too, I've seen a guy in the UK use foam, rope, etc. and fiberglass as a stiffener on several flat areas of fiberglass, like his trunk lid, etc.

Fantastic build, can't wait to see it all done!

Jay

381 - 393 of 393 Posts