DIY Electric Car Forums banner

401 - 413 of 413 Posts

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
I have also found (both good and bad) that it helps me keep motivated to keep progress going. I am probably further along than I would be otherwise.
I feel that.

One of the things I do when I'm roadblocked and unmotivated or don't feel like working further, is sitting down and documenting more about what I've done. It helps to rubber duck the problem a bit, but also just to rebuild momentum in your headspace, helps you to make decisions even only because you have to write text or speak a script rather than flail around in circles ethereally.

·
Registered
21 Posts
LOL!! You are right, I am not a good negotiator.

As far as YouTube goes...I never anticipated making any money. If someone told me before I started that I would have 20k+ subscribers and be able to make any money, I probably would have laughed at them. For me, I really have found that I enjoy sharing my experience. Kind of a hobby within a hobby. I have also found (both good and bad) that it helps me keep motivated to keep progress going. I am probably further along than I would be otherwise.
I'm the same way with my build I never counted on making money on my channel as it just help me keep motivated to keep going and It's fun to edit my video's. I'm no where near your channel but it's fun all the same. I put things in place to maybe someone day make it but I'm mainly just posting my vid's because it's fun

·
Registered
15 Posts
Congrats! I’m enjoying your videos. Must be great to have the car working again. Looks like you picked a winner with EV Controls.

BTW, you may have mentioned it but I missed it — didn’t your lift make the move with you?

Ken

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #408 ·
Congrats! I’m enjoying your videos. Must be great to have the car working again. Looks like you picked a winner with EV Controls.

BTW, you may have mentioned it but I missed it — didn’t your lift make the move with you?

Ken
The lift is coming. I miss it. It is out for repairs. Hope to have it back soon

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
From my own build on a 60s car with an all metal one-piece skin I know that bodywork that involves welding sucks.

But I see that from your build, a modern car kit with all fiberglass panels, that bodywork that doesn't involve welding... yeah also sucks.

So much time and effort for bodywork.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #412 ·
From my own build on a 60s car with an all metal one-piece skin I know that bodywork that involves welding sucks.

But I see that from your build, a modern car kit with all fiberglass panels, that bodywork that doesn't involve welding... yeah also sucks.

So much time and effort for bodywork.
Ahh...yes. So much time getting it to look "semi-good". Not always the most entertaining.

401 - 413 of 413 Posts