DIY Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?sp...GQINz&id=581009613713&ns=1&abbucket=17#detail

There is a hub motor in each of the 2 rear wheels. I am considering buying one and doing some mods (mainly the controller) or making one from scratch. My main question is about the use of 2 motors in the rear. I am assuming that there is one controller working both motors. I have read somewhere that doing this produces an automatic "differential effect"....or not? The rear wheels are hinged so that the whole bike will lean into turns, just as a 2 wheeler would.

·
Registered
5,024 Posts
There is a hub motor in each of the 2 rear wheels. ...
I am assuming that there is one controller working both motors.
Not if they're AC motors; in that case, they would need separate controllers, appropriately coordinated.

I have read somewhere that doing this produces an automatic "differential effect"....or not?
A differential effect just means that they can run at different speeds. What torque is applied to each wheel, and how that changes due to the speed differences caused by cornering and by tire slippage, depends on the details of the configuration.

If you find an English web page for this trike we could look at what it says, but without that it's just speculation.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts