DIY Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This project is an electric vehicle conversion on a 1976 MG Midget. I've owned the car for about 15 years, and last worked on it in 2005. I'm back at it and making good progress.

Here's some photos of the car before the project began.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey, I'm converting a 76 midget too! Mine is in a bit worse condition though, so it'll probably take another year or so to complete. Have to fix a lot of rust and replace a lot of parts before it'll even roll. I'll be keeping a close eye on your log. Best of luck to you!

·
Registered
45 Posts
Have you seen my conversion of a '77 Midget? It's in the garage section titled
fb_bf's "MG Midget". I've almost got 2 years of driving it now, 6,500 miles. I have over a 100 mile range. If you would like to see more information you can visit my site www.electricmgmidget.com. I'd be happy to discuss anything about the midget. I've driven one, gas and electric for the last 35 years.

·
Registered
0 Posts
fb_bf........OH Yeh, printed that out months ago and have read all the way through your pages......soooo very nice. ours has the criteria for shopping around town including a round trip to walmart on a charge.......5.6miles. this is my fourth British car since the 72.

·
Registered
45 Posts
If its your 4th British car then you should know your way around them by now. That's good, it will make the restoration go much faster.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts