DIY Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts
G

·
Talk to the maker of the BMS. It is up to him to provide a fix or answer. It is after all their product. Why ask us?

·
Registered
4,064 Posts
Actually its up to the reseller. Elithion provides support for direct customers.

Have you checked all wiring to make sure nothing is loose? If an interlock briefly disconnects, it will fault.

G

·
Actually its up to the reseller. Elithion provides support for direct customers.

Have you checked all wiring to make sure nothing is loose? If an interlock briefly disconnects, it will fault.
Well if its a technical issue it is up to the manufacturer but the reseller should then get the information as the manufacturer has an obligation. If they don't deal with it then it's BS. So you see, in the end it is up to the manufacturer. But if you buy from a vendor then the vendor must help rectify the issue with the manufacturer then the buyer. Any updates or returns for faulty products should be replaced at the manufacturers cost.

Go to the place you purchased them from. If they won't help don't do business with them and report them to the list. But only if they won't help.

Pete :)

·
Registered
4,064 Posts
Unfortunately that is not really how things are set up in this case. This is pretty much how some of the larger manufacturers operate. A lot of times they will refer you to the distributor, who has been trained and is going to be the easiest route, as they've probably already dealt with it.

From Davide's website.

http://liionbms.com/php/tech_support.php

He does have a forum for users to help each other, and if someone bought from EVComponents before they went away, we're offering free tech support. The rest of the support is supposed to go through the vendors, or paid help from me.

The reasoning?

Well, lets say you have 10 vendors. Lets say those vendors have 10 customers each. Now a lot of these people are going to have a few questions, lets say 50%. Now, Davide would have to answer all 50 people. Instead, he's set it up to help the vendor directly, which teaches the vendor the most common issues. Each time the vendor learns from the manufacturer, they are now getting training and can more easily help the end user. Basically, its an information network. All of the vendors go to davide if they cannot answer the question, but it saves him from answering the simple questions, so he can work on developing new products.

Its not that Elithion is refusing help, its that we want you to get the help through the vendor, so we can create a solid dealer network with a lot of experience with the products.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thank you for feed back. the reason im asking anyone out there is because this whole project is a pain since day one. everytime i try to get a hold of any help or parts seems to be like pulling teeth.i have more less did all the figuring out on my own with a little guidence on the way. i have checked all the wires on the bms and it only seems to do it only some times.i fugured someone might have had the same probles before.i will call elithion and pay the 50 hr instead of waiting around for a call back from the distrubter though.so i will keep trying to figure something.lol thank you though it is true that the place i bought it from you would think would help.

G

·
So the manufacturer is helping but indirectly. Interesting way to deal with issues. Seems like the BMS (BS) is more a beta and the buyers are testing. Not something I'd want to have keeping watch over my lithium batteries. Now I wonder how many more BMS (BS) systems there are out there in the same category. Wonder how many will have BM's.

Pete :)

·
Registered
4,064 Posts
thank you for feed back. the reason im asking anyone out there is because this whole project is a pain since day one. everytime i try to get a hold of any help or parts seems to be like pulling teeth.i have more less did all the figuring out on my own with a little guidence on the way. i have checked all the wires on the bms and it only seems to do it only some times.i fugured someone might have had the same probles before.i will call elithion and pay the 50 hr instead of waiting around for a call back from the distrubter though.so i will keep trying to figure something.lol thank you though it is true that the place i bought it from you would think would help.
Who did you buy it from? EVComponents? Someone else? We really need to know so I can let Davide know you're not getting the help you need.

If its EVComponents, I'll give you up to 5 hours free (under contract from Elithion). If not, let me know. Direct with Davide is $50 every 15 minutes, with me it's $20, but I can work with you.

Because its intermittent, it leads me to believe you have some contacts that aren't staying shut, that they're opening for some reason. What revision BMS do you have? Rev A-D? or Rev E or above?

·
Registered
447 Posts
Re: Elithion bms ?

i have the lithiumate bms and every now and then the interlock light comes on and the boards are shut down. does anyone know why it does this and how to reset it?
Hello (sorry, I don't know your name),
We provide various ways of getting tech support on our products, many of them free, depending on where you bought it: http://liionbms.com/php/tech_support.php
Please take advantage of them. Writing to this forum is not the most effective way of getting tech support.

If you bought your system from a reseller other than EV Components, please contact that reseller. If you are not happy with that reseller's support, please do let us know (directly, through our Contact page) and we'll make sure you get the support you need.

If you bought from EV Components, please have Travis help you, and we'll pay for that service. Travis is really good. (By the way, if you bought your system from EV Components this year, we never got paid for it, so not only we lost money there, we are also losing money when we pay Travis to give you free support. I hope you can appreciate that.)

(Free factory support is available, but it is reserved for direct clients, who pay an additional $ 2500 fee.)

Regardless, you can still get free factory support from our forum (I can't give you the link here, due to terms of use of this forum).

If the BMS controller is broken, regardless of whose fault it is, we may be able to repair it for free, but it must go through the reseller (or Travis, if you got it through EV Components).

One way or the other, rest assured that we'll take care of you.

Davide

PS. There are 500 installed Lithiumate systems out there; so, no, this is not a beta system.
________
FORD FALCON XR6 TURBO SPECIFICATIONS

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
thank you all for your help. i don't want to say names of where i bought it due to I'm not a brasher on people selling products.i think the bms is great and do like what it is able to do. just don't under stand why some time out of nowhere it has the inter lock light come on and then the boards don't flash or allow me to turn on the laptop for trouble shooting it will still operate the project and eventually goes away? i was hoping there was some sort of reset like the zilla has.i will get on the other lithium form and do some checking out.

·
Registered
447 Posts

It's a shame you have to ask this forum for "support". That's a very expensive equipment & the manufacturer should at least have a hot line for tech support.
Oh yes we do!

We give full, free support, in all forms, to all of our customers.

We also offer free tech support (through our forum) to other companies' customers, even though it's their responsibility, not ours.

And, we even pay Travis Gintz to give free tech support to people screwed by that *&%$#! you-know-who (even though we never got paid $ 12,700 for that product).

With all these options, I do not understand why people feel the need to come here to ask for support.
________
Lincoln mkr

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
i also did get some help from the dealer with this. i have self tough myself on 95% of this ev stuff and still learning.i think this is a very interesting project ive been doing just dont know it all

·
Registered
66 Posts

Oh yes we do!

We give full, free support, in all forms, to all of our customers.

We also offer free tech support (through our forum) to other companies' customers, even though it's their responsibility, not ours.

And, we even pay Travis Gintz to give free tech support to people screwed by that *&%$#! you-know-who (even though we never got paid $ 12,700 for that product).

With all these options, I do not understand why people feel the need to come here to ask for support.
Sure as hell didn't offer me free support. Wanted $50.00 per 15 mins for a product I just paid $2500.00 for.

·
Registered
447 Posts

Sure as hell didn't offer me free support.
As I said:
"We give full, free support, in all forms, to all of OUR customers." The key word there is "our".

It so happens that you are not our customer, because you chose to buy your BMS from someone else. The deal, which is made very clear from the start, is that whoever sold you the system owes you free tech support. They made the bulk of the profit on that sale, we didn't; so they owe you free tech support, we don't.

I also said: "We also offer free tech support (through our forum) to other companies' customers";
so, as you see, regardless, we do offer you a way to get free tech support from us, even though you are not our client.

If you prefer to get live phone support instead, we do offer that service, but for a fee (because you are not our customer). Given that you saved about $ 1200 by buying from them instead of us, the $ 50 we would charge you for live telephone tech support doesn't seem that steep; does it?

Davide
________
HOTBOX VAPORIZERS

·
Registered
66 Posts
I was not ever offered tech support through your "forum" ether.
I did ask by email though a few times and all I got was $$$. Felt like I was walking the streets in Mexico.

The way I see it is I bought your product that makes me a customer period. This run around is a bunch of crap. I'm sorry but I'm out about $2500 bucks and am not very happy customer right now. Thank god for karma.

In any case this is what others can expect from Elithion. I don't recommend them due to lack of support.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts