DIY Electric Car Forums banner
61 - 69 of 69 Posts

·
Administrator
6,493 Posts
Hi
I have some switches on my dashboard
They put resistors in parallel with my throttle pot

For road use I drop to a maximum (full throttle) of about 45% - which is fine for the road

On some of the grass events I drop to 20% - and I'm still not pushing the pedal all the way down

100% is for the track

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #62 ·
Hi
I have some switches on my dashboard
They put resistors in parallel with my throttle pot

For road use I drop to a maximum (full throttle) of about 45% - which is fine for the road

On some of the grass events I drop to 20% - and I'm still not pushing the pedal all the way down

100% is for the track
That's a great idea. It might be kind of fun to just have a knob... only because I'm just about out of space on the dash, and it feels neat to "turn it up"!

·
Administrator
6,493 Posts
Thinking about it with a midget back end you may want to change the software and drop that 1000 amps down a bit

I'm not sure that you ever want to put that much torque into that axle and suspension! Although tyre spin may drop the loads down to those the axle can live with

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #65 ·
Thinking about it with a midget back end you may want to change the software and drop that 1000 amps down a bit

I'm not sure that you ever want to put that much torque into that axle and suspension! Although tyre spin may drop the loads down to those the axle can live with

That’s my plan, essentially. I’ll drive it gently for now with an open diff and my skinny tires. I want to swap the entire rear end later, however.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #67 ·
Thoroughly enjoyed reading your impromptu build thread here. Any updates on the car? Things you'd change or have changed?
The driveline angle is a minor issue, I'd have mounted the motor a few inches higher. That might be resolved with new springs, though. All things considered, I'm very happy with the build. I have lots of pictures of it and the new one here if you want more info: www.jeffeblack.com.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5 Posts
The driveline angle is a minor issue, I'd have mounted the motor a few inches higher. That might be resolved with new springs, though. All things considered, I'm very happy with the build. I have lots of pictures of it and the new one here if you want more info: www.jeffeblack.com.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
I've definitely been combing your website sucking up as much info as possible. I love the simplicity of this build. Any more videos of the car?

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #69 ·
I've definitely been combing your website sucking up as much info as possible. I love the simplicity of this build. Any more videos of the car?
I don't have any others at the moment, but I plan on taking a few this summer... gotta get at least one burnout video :)

I didn't want to over engineer the MG. I wanted a car that met my requirements (50 miles of range, screaming fast, and something cool), and there was no need to make the build harder than it had to be. I'd rather have a complete car that I love driving than a project that gets parted out after 8 years of it sitting in the garage incomplete.

61 - 69 of 69 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.