DIY Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello gentlemen,

Between the Enertrac 602 and the QS Motor 273, which would you choose for a motorcycle hub conversion and why?

The Enertrac is rated for 10kw and the QS Motor for 8kw. How accurate are these ratings and would the difference be drastically noticeable? While the Enertrac is more powerful, it also costs double what the QS Motor costs. I wonder if the extra 2kw is worth it or if I could get by on the cheaper motor.

I am primarily concerned with top speed. Acceleration is not a big deal as long as it does not impede traffic. I would like to be able to do short trips on the highway at 70-80mph for 5-10 minutes. Is that even possible with either motor? The motors would be used at 96-120V, depending on what max voltage they can sustain continuously.

The bike is a small 70's cruiser motorcycle and I will try to make it as light as possible. Although I know that at over 50mph aerodynamics become more of a concern than weight.

However, is Enertrac even still in business? I have sent a couple of emails to the address on their website and also messages to their page on Facebook over the past month. They have yet to reply to any of them.

Finally, are there any other hub motors worth looking into that could satisfy my goals?

Thank you for any input.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
All you need to do is email us at [email protected]
Thank you for the reply. I did send a couple of emails to that address over the past month but did not receive any reply. Perhaps they went into your spam folder.

Here are the main questions that I had:
-Do you also sell just the bare motor without the rim attached? If so, please give me a price quote for the MHM602 without the rim, but with the brake components included.
-What is the maximum voltage that the motors can be used at?

-This is a vague question and depends on many other factors, but could the 602 motor comfortably sustain highway speeds? I plan to use larger diameter tires (110/90-19) than what most other people seem to run which should help, but I would rather know if it is still not recommended or possible at all to go 80mph for at least 5-10 minutes.
-Do you have a list of controllers that can be used with your motors? Or do you primarily only cater to the Kelly controllers?

I saw that you did reply to me on Facebook earlier this week about the dual motors.
Thank you.

·
Registered
55 Posts
The motor will comfortably do 75 MPH with 120 volts
Do you also sell just the bare motor without the rim attached?
Yes 995.00 motor only
What is the maximum voltage that the motors can be used at?
156 volts
This is a vague question and depends on many other factors, but could the 602 motor comfortably sustain highway speeds? I plan to use larger diameter tires (110/90-19) than what most other people seem to run which should help, but I would rather know if it is still not recommended or possible at all to go 80mph for at least 5-10 minutes.
Again yes for 80 MPH go with 136 volts
-Do you have a list of controllers that can be used with your motors? Or do you primarily only cater to the Kelly controllers?
Only Kelly KLS14301-8080I

1 - 5 of 5 Posts