DIY Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Another forum member and I are working on understanding the enova panther 120 inverter sufficiently to use it "as is" without modification. We are having great success and it looks very likely that the inverter will be usable with only a few simple CAN messages... I will be posting updates on that work, but in the meantime I have also been investigating the feasibility of replacing the inverter control board with an open source design. The first post here will be my findings so far.

·
Registered
6 Posts
hi all, i have enova panther 90KW inverter and fully complete Ford Transit 350 2010 ,but taken out batterys, i have new battery set but they are not lifepo4 but lipo puches veavy load cells,, need work with how to get this car running again,if some one have more full info i,m happy to listen and possible share all work process

·
Registered
17 Posts
Another forum member and I are working on understanding the enova panther 120 inverter sufficiently to use it "as is" without modification. We are having great success and it looks very likely that the inverter will be usable with only a few simple CAN messages... I will be posting updates on that work, but in the meantime I have also been investigating the feasibility of replacing the inverter control board with an open source design. The first post here will be my findings so far.
I have some of the Smith documentation on the controller. CAN messages aren’t needed to get the motor running. Another member here has done it on his bench. Let me know if you need a copy of it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have some of the Smith documentation on the controller. CAN messages aren’t needed to get the motor running. Another member here has done it on his bench. Let me know if you need a copy of it.
yes please all info will be good to get, and software as well if possible, also need to know how to get charger working, i have removed lifepo4 battery and want install another chemistry battery so need to adopt system to run well, also get possible to use public EV chargin points by Type 2 connector
so any help or advise welcome
pm me detials and i will give my contactsa in UK

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi I looked into using public chargers with these vans ,my vans have EDN chargers CMP315 or 313 models. They arrantly support j1772 but require small wiring change to provide proximity and control pilot. I can send on pinout sheet if needed. Also can you send on any smith schematics you have. I have one van I'm planning on splitting for parts and want to reuse them if possible.

·
Registered
17 Posts
My Smith box truck uses I believe uses an EDN CMP326. It doesn't support J1772 at all. I moved the AC wires around for the 2 chargers for single phase (instead of 3 phase), and added an AVC2.r (found on Ebay) to control the proximity and pilot pin. BOOM, J1772 works perfectly.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts