DIY Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone know of the eurovan being converted to electric by someone, usa or europe. AC or DC .anything. Dual motors, one on each front wheel. or otherwise. i'm not fussy in these early attempts .... this is a fwd 3 door van. plenty of room for 50 batteries. Has it been attempted, yet, and which forum might be discussing it?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Ok I'm piling on this thread revival- I'm finding that '93 Eurovan parts are hard to come by. There are some leads out there but mostly for vangons, but it can't be that different, can it? A vanagon is basically a rear-engined transaxle.

·
Registered
6,008 Posts
Ok I'm piling on this thread revival- I'm finding that '93 Eurovan parts are hard to come by. There are some leads out there but mostly for vangons, but it can't be that different, can it? A vanagon is basically a rear-engined transaxle.
A EuroVan is a fourth-generation Transporter, or "T4". A Vanagon is a third-generation Transporter, or "T3". They're both Volkswagen vans, but they're nearly completely different. A different engine, differently oriented (longitudinal in on T3 and transverse in T4) so the transaxle is completely different, with different front suspension to fit around the engine (in the front of the T4, versus the rear of the T3) ... I don't know if there is a single part that happens to be shared between them.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts