DIY Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Just thought I'd post a quick hello as I'm new to this forum and just starting out on my first ev conversion.
I'm converting a 1969 beetle. My plan is to use a Advanced DC L91-4003 motor running at 120v. I'm still researching controllers but would love a zilla but will probably find something cheaper :( .
Does anyone had any good suggestions?
Also, I'm looking to hunt down 10x12v deep cycle batteries in Australia, does anyone have a good supplier who can do them cheap???
I will post my proposed designs and wiring here as soon as they're done so I can gleen an once of your collective wisdom before I do anything stupid (and i will....)

Cheers
Dan

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Attached is my circuit schematic.
Australian EV law says that I must have a circuit breaker that is mechanically operated. would this be required for both +ive and -ive sides of the traction packs or just the +ive. Are there any 500A contactors that are both electronically and mechanically operated?

Let me know your thoughts! (be gentle, my beetles in a million bits on the garage floor.)

D

Attachments

·
Admin: 'one of many'
4,838 Posts
Hi and welcome, and please ignore the spam.;)

Have you looked at Paul and Sabrina's Stuff for their 144v controller kit?
jackbauer on here has been building and modifying one for his EV. I think he just bought the circuit boards to save shipping the components when he could get them locally.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts