DIY Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am new to forums and I have a sailing catamaran with twin Greatland Electric EV's controlled by the GLC6006A4 330A 72V controllers. Twin 7.5kW AC motors.

I laid the vessel up for a while and now I can't get things going again.

The motors prior to lay up where going good. 0-5000rpm. Goof range and behaved well.

Now the motors will only go from 0-50rpm (or there about).

Each system has it's own 72V 400Ah CALB battery bank that are maintained by a BMS so batteries are good.

Another symptom was the throttles no longer working from 0-5V. They have been replaced but no change to motor speed.

Has anyone experienced this problem, and if so can you tell me how to fix it please? I installed the system following a wiring diagram but I am not a technician. So I can follow instructions but I don't know how to fault find.

I purchased the system from an EV business in Australia. But neither of us can get hold of Greatland Electric for technical support.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not sure what you mean by How battery voltage - please elaborate.

Installation manual only - basic wiring info, pin assignments etc. Nothing usefull for fault fininding but was easy to follow to install. Direct chinese translation document. Once I got use to the translation grammar it made sense.

No LED's light external on the controller. All LED lights green on the PCB inside the controller.

Don't have any pics handy, I will take one on the weekend or when it stops raining here (whichever comes first).

Thanks for your response.

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
Where does the 5V for the throttle originate--Is there an accessory battery, e.g. 12V lead acid, in the system also? Maybe post up a picture of the wiring diagram.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Battery voltage is nominal 72V but actually 79-80V. I keep them fully charged using the BMS.

5V comes from the controller. I purchased a good quality rotary pot and tested I get the full range 0-5V. I get precise speed change in the motor, only it is going very slow now. 0 - 50rpm instead of 0-5000rpm. It's weird as nothing has changed in the system except I didn't use it for a couple of months.

Thanks.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts