DIY Electric Car Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1968 converted Beetle and am looking for some suggestions/ advice. Specifically concerning the charger.

I recently bought the vehicle and it runs great with the 12v deep cycle marine batteries I have put in there. Just got some 29DC everstarts from Walmart.I have 7 of them in series so it's an 84v system. My system has an old K&W BC-20 charger (picture attached) that I can't seem to figure out. It has some adjustments on it and with following the manual available online I was able to get the charger set up right, but it trips the 15 amp breaker I have the outlets in my garage connected to.

- Do I need to bump up the breaker?

- Or do you think I need to go through my charger again because the 84v are getting through?

- Or just replace the charger with a newer smart charger (current charger is roughly 15 years old)?
- If so where do you recommend getting an 84v 20a lead acid charger to replace the old one?

Thanks,
Spencer

Link to manual: Instruction Manual for BC-20 Battery Charger and … / instruction-manual-for-bc-20-battery-charger-and.pdf / PDF4PRO

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
1,525 Posts
Locked, duplicate thread, go here:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.