I would recommend visiting Institute Metron in Slovenia (see here
). They have converted many vehicles and will be able to give you realistic costs for your fleet based on 'local' knowledge.
That said, it would probably be a lot cheaper to buy older Leaf's and a few rapid chargers
Thanks for the reply Kevin,
the issue is that i am trying to find out if i can make a a conversion for up to 7000-8000 euros for the taxi cars which are already available, since as i understood, it would cost around 14 000 to buy a 6-8 years old leafs and that is something that the taxi companies won't go for i think.
So my idea was to be able to offer to the taxi drivers a conversion so that they can keep as much as 2/3-rds of their profits, since that is how much they are currently paying for gas+repairs+taxi license.
What i currently have found is :
1. The battery pack would be 20kw/h which should give the car from 80 - 100km range (Skopje is a pretty flat city) and this would be for a 1300 kg car. The price for the batteries is about 4000 euros.
2. I would need a motor which i think this one should do nicely
Model: HPM-20KW -- High Power BLDC Motor
1. Voltages: 72V-120Vdc
2. Rated power: 20-25KW
3. Peak power: 50KW
4. Speed: 3200-6000rpm
5. Rated torque: 80 Nm
6. Peak torque: 160 Nm
7. Efficiency: >90%
8. Dimensions: 30x30x25cm
9. Weight: 39kg(20KW),27kg(15KW)
10: Cooling: liquid cooling
This is the controller that Golden Motor offered to me to go with this motor:
Type: HPC700H Series(For 20KW Motor)
Rated Current (Max):840A/700A/560A
Features: Programmable via USB port, Fuse breaker, Regen Braking, Temperature sensoring
CA-201--HPC Controller Wiring Harness / User manual with wiring diagram included
And also a Gas pedal.
This costs about 2800 euros.
3. BMS - I am completely lost on the BMS and charger as there were so many options out there, but from what i found it would seem that the BMS would cost about anywhere from 650 euros to 1300 euros. I would appreciate any input here from you guys on the forum since i am not at all sure what would be the best match for the BMS.
4. Battery charger - For a Level 2 charger it would cost about 280 euros.
So this brings the total price to around 8500 euros. But i am not sure if there are some hidden costs to this price, i will need your help here.
Again, any advice on how this can be achieved would be welcomed.
I was also thinking about having a couple of stations around the city where the cars can swap batteries so that they would not lose time charging them, because a level 2 DC fast charge station costs around 15 000 euros.
So any experience with battery swapping, like safety issues and such feel free to write them here