DIY Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so iv got a cheap tablet i wanted to put in the car and use for the instruments, however i cant for the life of me find an ev dashboard app.
googling has turned up the emw ev dashboard and there was another ev dashboard being developed on ths forum.

cant find download links to either, could anyone recommend me an app?
thanks

·
Registered
117 Posts
I haven't seen anther EV dash app other than emw ev it looked good, don't know why they stopped it.

·
Registered
117 Posts
looks interesting bit of kit, wonder he stopped producing them,

Johannes controller web interface has an interesting looking gauges page, Damian had it up on one his videos

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i have all the data through the serial monitor of my arduino, i just wanted an app to display it D:

if anyone has a copy of emw ev dashboard i would really appreciate a copy, i can reverse engineer it to display the data i have.
as it looks like they discontinued it

·
Registered
952 Posts
i have all the data through the serial monitor of my arduino, i just wanted an app to display it D:

if anyone has a copy of emw ev dashboard i would really appreciate a copy, i can reverse engineer it to display the data i have.
as it looks like they discontinued it

Well i have my EVdisplay board mounted in a car. It has torque pro firmware installed. It supposed to transmitt on bluetooth channel and simulate ELM dongle. I never tried to get it to work since i was content with LCD.

I can try downloading firmware from AVR chip if it would help.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Registered
117 Posts
nice work, wish I had the skills to do this.

Are you getting all the data from the controller ?

·
Registered
141 Posts
https://torque-bhp.com/wiki/Arduino

https://torque-bhp.com/forums/?wpforumaction=viewtopic&t=7737.0

a lot of googling and iv found these links, iv got the torque pro app working with potentiomers to get some sensor data :D

am now modifying the code to work with..

battery volts

battery amps

fuel gauge

speedo

rpm

various dash lights

if people are interested ill put the code up here

Awesome work! Thanks for sharing this. Yes please share your code. I was hoping to do something like this as I don’t have the skills to create a GUI but I can handle wiring and programming an arduino to read sensors.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
141 Posts
That’s a good option. They need to add a voltage factor so you can use a voltage divider on higher voltage packs and then correct it in software.

Do you have a screenshots of the dash in use? That’s one advantage of the torque app is nice dash layout options.

·
Registered
217 Posts
That’s a good option. They need to add a voltage factor so you can use a voltage divider on higher voltage packs and then correct it in software.

Do you have a screenshots of the dash in use? That’s one advantage of the torque app is nice dash layout options.

Its easy to upgrade software / firmware, I found a bug in my application & Yuriy is rewriting some code , Im sure he can do similar for voltage divider.

I have a crappy quality video I posted to facebook, heres the URL , let me know if you can view it or not,

https://www.facebook.com/don.incoll/videos/2050249185056861/

Edit, just uploaded same to youtube https://youtu.be/xeE54iYZ9V0

·
Registered
117 Posts
That looks good, Is it its own app or torque app that you have on the display ?

·
Registered
141 Posts
Thanks for sharing. Saw your posts on Facebook too. I think I’m gonna give this a shoot initially for the cost and ease of integration. Now to find a good tablet to use for a screen. Thinking something with GPS to allow for navigation as well

·
Registered
217 Posts
Thanks for sharing. Saw your posts on Facebook too. I think I’m gonna give this a shoot initially for the cost and ease of integration. Now to find a good tablet to use for a screen. Thinking something with GPS to allow for navigation as well

I found a 7" tablet too big for the space i want to mount mine, and my phone too small so just ordered an eBay refurb Samsung Note4 phone has a 5.7" screen, old model hi spec phone, should be ideal for the job.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts