DIY Electric Car Forums banner
281 - 294 of 294 Posts

·
Registered
326 Posts
solution or the zilla are the two im thinking about??
Soliton1 and the Zilla 1K are both at the top of my wish list of contollers. I wish either would accept an inductive throttle which is much more responsive than the PB6. Maybe the Hall Effect throttles are better.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #283 ·
Got the D&D set in the car turned the wheels at 12 volts ,was going to put a base plate on the motor.Can it be mounted on the bolts that are there already or do they hold something inside see pics ,or should i drill and tap into the bottom?? I dont think the strap will pass nhra tech .LOL

Attachments

·
Registered
326 Posts
Can it be mounted on the bolts that are there already or do they hold something inside see pics ,or should i drill and tap into the bottom??
Don't do either. Use the 4 bolts on the face. How was it mounted on the bike?
Peter

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
Hi Jr

I strongly suggest you to mount the motor vertically instead of horizontally.
I also suggest you to use the six 5/16-18 bolts under and on the side of the gearbox and/or the four 1/4-20 bolts on the motor face (link between motor and gear box) to fix the assembly to the frame.
That will transmit the torque to the frame and you can add a fixation to hold the motor as I done.
Put blue lock-tite on the screw thread to ''seal'' the gear box (I'm not specially proud of this solution...:eek:)

By ''transmit torque'', I mean that will fix the assembly to the frame and prevent it to move/turn.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #286 ·
Hi yabert the motor is sitting at an angle probably up 4inches in the back ( hard to tell in the pics ) I can't set it all the way up just will not work ,I'm going to use the mount on the gear box side to a plate on the bottom,was looking for a mount to hold the rest of the motor and found the mount I wanted at kta will order one , or if Im not to lazy I will build one.

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
In this case, you can turn the motor and used the existant 5/16-18 hole in the motor cassing to fix all to the frame (pic). Hold on the upper frame tubes or in the bottom frame. Two 5/16 bolt are strong enough to hold the motor.

I just remember than I maybe have dual wafer H49 racing brush for you. They coming from my Warp Impulse 9 and they can increase considerably the capacity of the motor to receive high amps. What was the brush dimension on the D&D?

Attachments

281 - 294 of 294 Posts