DIY Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What happened to the EVlist listserv.... Reading it was bad before but it got worse. I was able to skip to the topics that interested me. Now it takes me twice as long to get any usefull information out of the list.

This site is great. Thanks for tracking the info. I have the e-mails going straight to trash and read them on this site instead. I only post to the list if I have a comment. Would be nice to be able to post to these lists as well but maybe in the future.

Keep up the good work, a site like this is long overdue.:)

·
Average Joe
705 Posts
Thanks! Centralization is the whole idea here. I'll gladly support the EVDL list as long as it's still around, though I'm suspecting that within the next few years it may slow to a trickle. We'll probably never support posting back to it as I don't want any issues with posts from multiple people coming from a single email address here. I suppose I could have it post as you, provided your email address here matches the one on the list. That'd make it more like a public mail interface on the forum. Maybe that's something worth looking in to.

·
Registered
929 Posts
I think that being able to respond to EVDL topics here on the message board would be neat even if the responses did not post back to the list. There are quite a few interesting topics on that list. It would be neat to participate in some of those topics here.

For now though, I do the same thing that GeoEV has been doing. I read the posts here, and then, if I want to reply, I find that message in my email's EVDL folder and reply to it. It's way easier than digging through my email.

·
Registered
337 Posts
My main reason for liking this forum, is the ability to post photos, schematics, etc, directly in the thread, and then getting a notification that someone has responded to your thread. Easier than sifting through a ton of emails that aren't of interest to you at that time. Now if you do have an issue come up, it's easy to search the EVDL archive here on this list to see if that topic has been brought up before. Don't get me wrong, the EVDL list has been a life saver for me and my EV project, without it I'd still be scratching my head.....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts