DIY Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
google wont tell me where the ev shops in melbourne are.
trying to help a mate whos interested.
perth has atleast 2 ev shops so i know melbourne has to have atleast that many
thanks

·
Registered
472 Posts
I think your assumption is incorrect. I have been keeping an eye on EV professionals in Australia for about 4 years now. I have not seen any sign of any EV shops in Melbourne (assuming you are excluding retail like Tesla). Sorry for the bad news.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
woah really?
perth is a backwater in the middle of nowhere and has 2 and melbourne which is one of the main cities of australia and doesnt have any???
damn dude

·
Registered
217 Posts
I live in Vic and NOTHING EV is avaliable in Melbourne . Its a disgrace, and I'll also put it out there that EVWorks in WA are hopeless to deal with .

I sourced most of the parts for my EV conversion from eBay and Alibaba because dealing with locals is impossible . I even got stuff from NZ . Though Neale at Milbay.com.au where I sourced my LiFePo4 batteries was great to deal with , again in QLD , there is just nothing in Vic .

·
Registered
217 Posts
what happened with evworks? :eek:
They don't I mean NEVER reply to emails. They do NOT follow up with issues, its like they cant even be bothered being in business.

I had an issue with my HPEVS AC51 & it took me about 10 calls before they would answer the phone , never heard of my issue said they would get back to me .... nothing .

I posted my problem here and Frodus, one of the Vendors gave me an idea how to fix it, I phoned HPEVS in California and they suggested I do what Frodus said.

http://www.diyelectriccar.com/forums/showthread.php?p=948594

The motor temp thermister still dosen't work. Ive added an external temp gauge.

Ive discussed the EV Works issue with HPEVS and they suggested I become a vendor & east coast dealer. Certainly an opening there for somebody.

Its all I can do to stop swearing about the stumbling blocks for DIY EV converters in this country. And with the bloody Turnbull government adding GST & excise to online purchases over a $1000 in July , its just getting harder.

Rant over.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts