DIY Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A Chinese electric car company, Shanghai Automotive Industry Corp, has
chosen A123 batteries for use in a car they'll be coming out with in
2012. They're in talks with a second Chinese automaker as well.

http://www.masshightech.com/stories/2010/11/08/daily28-A123-batteries-
picked-up-by-Chinese-electric-car-maker.html

--Rick

_______________________________________________
| REPLYING: address your message to [email protected] only.
| Multiple-address or CCed messages may be rejected.
| UNSUBSCRIBE: http://www.evdl.org/help/index.html#usub
| OTHER HELP: http://evdl.org/help/
| OPTIONS: http://lists.sjsu.edu/mailman/listinfo/ev
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I hate to be the voice of pessimism but realism would beg the question: How
long until those Chinese company insist on only purchasing A123 cells which
are manufactured in China? And, how long after that until there are Wai Wu
brand cells which are suspiciously similar in design and chemistry to A123
cells.


Rick Beebe <[email protected]> wrote:

> A Chinese electric car company, Shanghai Automotive Industry Corp, has
> chosen A123 batteries for use in a car they'll be coming out with in
> 2012. They're in talks with a second Chinese automaker as well.
>
> http://www.masshightech.com/stories/2010/11/08/daily28-A123-batteries-
> picked-up-by-Chinese-electric-car-maker.html
>
> --Rick
>
> _______________________________________________
> | REPLYING: address your message to [email protected] only.
> | Multiple-address or CCed messages may be rejected.
> | UNSUBSCRIBE: http://www.evdl.org/help/index.html#usub
> | OTHER HELP: http://evdl.org/help/
> | OPTIONS: http://lists.sjsu.edu/mailman/listinfo/ev
>
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://lists.sjsu.edu/mailman/private/ev/attachments/20101110/db80e684/attachment.html
_______________________________________________
| REPLYING: address your message to [email protected] only.
| Multiple-address or CCed messages may be rejected.
| UNSUBSCRIBE: http://www.evdl.org/help/index.html#usub
| OTHER HELP: http://evdl.org/help/
| OPTIONS: http://lists.sjsu.edu/mailman/listinfo/ev
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
----- Original Message -----
From: "Collin Kidder" <[email protected]>
To: "Electric Vehicle Discussion List" <[email protected]>
Sent: Wednesday, November 10, 2010 9:14 AM
Subject: Re: [EVDL] A123 goes to China


> I hate to be the voice of pessimism but realism would beg the question:
> How
> long until those Chinese company insist on only purchasing A123 cells
> which
> are manufactured in China? And, how long after that until there are Wai Wu
> brand cells which are suspiciously similar in design and chemistry to A123
> cells.

In about one year, 2013 is the year where all these types of batteries
patent's is up. The patent length has been change from 28 years to 20 years
with no renewals.

No one company can make a minor change to a patent device and patent that
device with those changes. All original pioneer patents are the only one
that counts now with a life of 20 years.

For example I have a patent paper on the procedures of making hydrogen that
was first patent around 1908. The wood tank was change by another
non-conductive material and then was patent again. Then the electrical was
change from power electrical, to power electronics and etc which was to
extend the patent. This was change in the 1990's and only allows 20 years
on the first pioneer patent.

All other devices must be only patent as itself, not associated with the
original device. If you change the electrolyte chemistry of a battery, only
the electrolyte can be patent, not the battery.

Roland
>
>
>
Rick Beebe <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> > A Chinese electric car company, Shanghai Automotive Industry Corp, has
> > chosen A123 batteries for use in a car they'll be coming out with in
> > 2012. They're in talks with a second Chinese automaker as well.
> >
> > http://www.masshightech.com/stories/2010/11/08/daily28-A123-batteries-
> > picked-up-by-Chinese-electric-car-maker.html
> >
> > --Rick
> >
> > _______________________________________________
> > | REPLYING: address your message to [email protected] only.
> > | Multiple-address or CCed messages may be rejected.
> > | UNSUBSCRIBE: http://www.evdl.org/help/index.html#usub
> > | OTHER HELP: http://evdl.org/help/
> > | OPTIONS: http://lists.sjsu.edu/mailman/listinfo/ev
> >
> -------------- next part --------------
> An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
> URL:
> http://lists.sjsu.edu/mailman/private/ev/attachments/20101110/db80e684/attachment.html
> _______________________________________________
> | REPLYING: address your message to [email protected] only.
> | Multiple-address or CCed messages may be rejected.
> | UNSUBSCRIBE: http://www.evdl.org/help/index.html#usub
> | OTHER HELP: http://evdl.org/help/
> | OPTIONS: http://lists.sjsu.edu/mailman/listinfo/ev
>

_______________________________________________
| REPLYING: address your message to [email protected] only.
| Multiple-address or CCed messages may be rejected.
| UNSUBSCRIBE: http://www.evdl.org/help/index.html#usub
| OTHER HELP: http://evdl.org/help/
| OPTIONS: http://lists.sjsu.edu/mailman/listinfo/ev
 
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Top