DIY Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.tgdaily.com/content/view/33853/113/

Apparently Killacycle hooked up during a burnout demonstration and shot bill
dube into a parked minivan at the WIRED NextFest. Bill was taken to the
hospital but seems to have been okay, the video shows him talking before the
paramedics took him away, and they said he could move his fingers and toes.
Let's all wish him a speedy recovery if he's not recovered already!

Hit the link for the story and (very scary!) video.

m.


_______________________________________________
For subscription options, see
http://lists.sjsu.edu/mailman/listinfo/ev
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Hello all

Wow, what bummer news to read this evening. Wanted to
send my well wishes to Bill and his family and crew.

Jim Husted




____________________________________________________________________________________
Moody friends. Drama queens. Your life? Nope! - their life, your story. Play Sims Stories at Yahoo! Games.
http://sims.yahoo.com/

_______________________________________________
For subscription options, see
http://lists.sjsu.edu/mailman/listinfo/ev
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi all friends of Bill Dube',
I was on the way to meet with Bill when I was informed
that he had just crashed. Everyone seems to think he
is OK, but he should have been wearing his helmet. I
did not see him as he was already on the way to the
hospital (just to be sure - they all said).
I inspected the Killacycle, took pics, turned off the
electrics, and shrink-wrapped the bike. It's behind
the South Hall and scheduled to be moved inside
tonight.
Frommy experience the crash 'HIT' wasn't too bad.
That just leaves the landing that could really hurt!
They say he went over the handlebars and the car, but
I saw nothing. Just hearsay from the peanut gallery.
I'm posting the burnout mark pics, bike pics,and
storage info at:
http://www.gowheel.com/Killacycle/oops/
The pics have been left large to show detail when you
scroll around.
Jay
--------------------------------------
michael wendell <[email protected]> wrote:
> http://www.tgdaily.com/content/view/33853/113/
> Apparently Killacycle hooked up during a burnout
> demonstration and shot bill
> dube into a parked minivan at the WIRED NextFest.
> Bill was taken to the
> hospital but seems to have been okay, the video
> shows him talking before the
> paramedics took him away, and they said he could
> move his fingers and toes.
> Let's all wish him a speedy recovery if he's not
> recovered already!
> Hit the link for the story and (very scary!) video.
> m.




____________________________________________________________________________________
Take the Internet to Go: Yahoo!Go puts the Internet in your pocket: mail, news, photos & more.
http://mobile.yahoo.com/go?refer=1GNXIC

_______________________________________________
For subscription options, see
http://lists.sjsu.edu/mailman/listinfo/ev
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
All I can say is that my thoughts and prayers are going out to Bill and his
family and everyone involved with the Killacycle project.

Best wishes for a complete recovery.

Killacycle team members please keep the EV community updated as to Bill's
condition.


Roy LeMeur

_________________________________________________________________
Gear up for Halo® 3 with free downloads and an exclusive offer.
http://gethalo3gear.com?ocid=SeptemberWLHalo3_MSNHMTxt_1
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The link says 'I'm forbidden', maybe that's what
Scotty should have said before Bill got on the bike.
Best wishes for Bill, hopefully he and his bike are
well.
Rod
P.S. Post a link that works please, thanks Jay

--- "[email protected]" <[email protected]> wrote:

> Hi all friends of Bill Dube',
> I was on the way to meet with Bill when I was
> informed
> that he had just crashed. Everyone seems to think
> he
> is OK, but he should have been wearing his helmet.
> I
> did not see him as he was already on the way to the
> hospital (just to be sure - they all said).
> I inspected the Killacycle, took pics, turned off
> the
> electrics, and shrink-wrapped the bike. It's behind
> the South Hall and scheduled to be moved inside
> tonight.
> Frommy experience the crash 'HIT' wasn't too bad.
> That just leaves the landing that could really hurt!
> They say he went over the handlebars and the car,
> but
> I saw nothing. Just hearsay from the peanut
> gallery.
> I'm posting the burnout mark pics, bike pics,and
> storage info at:
> http://www.gowheel.com/Killacycle/oops/
> The pics have been left large to show detail when
> you
> scroll around.
> Jay
> --------------------------------------
> michael wendell <[email protected]> wrote:
> > http://www.tgdaily.com/content/view/33853/113/
> > Apparently Killacycle hooked up during a burnout
> > demonstration and shot bill
> > dube into a parked minivan at the WIRED NextFest.
> > Bill was taken to the
> > hospital but seems to have been okay, the video
> > shows him talking before the
> > paramedics took him away, and they said he could
> > move his fingers and toes.
> > Let's all wish him a speedy recovery if he's not
> > recovered already!
> > Hit the link for the story and (very scary!)
> video.
> > m.
>
>
>
>
>
____________________________________________________________________________________
> Take the Internet to Go: Yahoo!Go puts the Internet
> in your pocket: mail, news, photos & more.
> http://mobile.yahoo.com/go?refer=1GNXIC
>
> _______________________________________________
> For subscription options, see
> http://lists.sjsu.edu/mailman/listinfo/ev
>

_______________________________________________
For subscription options, see
http://lists.sjsu.edu/mailman/listinfo/ev
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
This link is a 403 "Access Forbidden"-
http://www.gowheel.com/Killacycle/oops/


~~~~~~


Roy LeMeur

_________________________________________________________________
Share your special parenting moments!
http://www.reallivemoms.com?ocid=TXT_TAGHM&loc=us

_______________________________________________
For subscription options, see
http://lists.sjsu.edu/mailman/listinfo/ev
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
We started uploading the second we got back from the
convention center, (at the same time I was emailing
the list).
Uploading is now done and the link works:
http://www.gowheel.com/Killacycle/oops/
Jay
--- Rod Hower <[email protected]> wrote:

> The link says 'I'm forbidden', maybe that's what
> Scotty should have said before Bill got on the bike.
> Best wishes for Bill, hopefully he and his bike are
> well.
> Rod
> P.S. Post a link that works please, thanks Jay
>
> --- "[email protected]" <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> > Hi all friends of Bill Dube',
> > I was on the way to meet with Bill when I was
> > informed
> > that he had just crashed. Everyone seems to think
> > he
> > is OK, but he should have been wearing his helmet.
>
> > I
> > did not see him as he was already on the way to
> the
> > hospital (just to be sure - they all said).
> > I inspected the Killacycle, took pics, turned off
> > the
> > electrics, and shrink-wrapped the bike. It's
> behind
> > the South Hall and scheduled to be moved inside
> > tonight.
> > Frommy experience the crash 'HIT' wasn't too bad.
> > That just leaves the landing that could really
> hurt!
> > They say he went over the handlebars and the car,
> > but
> > I saw nothing. Just hearsay from the peanut
> > gallery.
> > I'm posting the burnout mark pics, bike pics,and
> > storage info at:
> > http://www.gowheel.com/Killacycle/oops/
> > The pics have been left large to show detail when
> > you
> > scroll around.
> > Jay
> > --------------------------------------
> > michael wendell <[email protected]> wrote:
> > > http://www.tgdaily.com/content/view/33853/113/
> > > Apparently Killacycle hooked up during a burnout
> > > demonstration and shot bill
> > > dube into a parked minivan at the WIRED
> NextFest.
> > > Bill was taken to the
> > > hospital but seems to have been okay, the video
> > > shows him talking before the
> > > paramedics took him away, and they said he could
> > > move his fingers and toes.
> > > Let's all wish him a speedy recovery if he's not
> > > recovered already!
> > > Hit the link for the story and (very scary!)
> > video.
> > > m.
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
>
____________________________________________________________________________________
> > Take the Internet to Go: Yahoo!Go puts the
> Internet
> > in your pocket: mail, news, photos & more.
> > http://mobile.yahoo.com/go?refer=1GNXIC
> >
> > _______________________________________________
> > For subscription options, see
> > http://lists.sjsu.edu/mailman/listinfo/ev
> >
>
> _______________________________________________
> For subscription options, see
> http://lists.sjsu.edu/mailman/listinfo/ev
>




____________________________________________________________________________________
Yahoo! oneSearch: Finally, mobile search
that gives answers, not web links.
http://mobile.yahoo.com/mobileweb/onesearch?refer=1ONXIC

_______________________________________________
For subscription options, see
http://lists.sjsu.edu/mailman/listinfo/ev
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It's all uploaded now. We just removed a few
unrelated pics too.
It now works:
http://www.gowheel.com/Killacycle/oops/

--- Roy LeMeur <[email protected]> wrote:
> This link is a 403 "Access Forbidden"-
> http://www.gowheel.com/Killacycle/oops/
> Roy LeMeur



____________________________________________________________________________________
Luggage? GPS? Comic books?
Check out fitting gifts for grads at Yahoo! Search
http://search.yahoo.com/search?fr=oni_on_mail&p=graduation+gifts&cs=bz

_______________________________________________
For subscription options, see
http://lists.sjsu.edu/mailman/listinfo/ev
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Best wishes to Bill, friends and family. Recover fully and quickly.


I can't help but think of how much worse this could have been, and I
desperately hope this doesn't cause anyone to speak ill of Bill, Killacycle,
or EVs in general.

_______________________________________________
For subscription options, see
http://lists.sjsu.edu/mailman/listinfo/ev
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thank you mike wendell for finding this. I wish Bill
and his family and team well. I will send the best
mojo that I can to his safe health and recovery. If
any from his team can keep us informed and if his
family needs assistance, please post.

Lyle Sloan
Electricmotorcycle enthusiast


--- michael wendell wrote:

> http://www.tgdaily.com/content/view/33853/113/
>
> Apparently Killacycle hooked up during a burnout
> demonstration and shot bill
> dube into a parked minivan at the WIRED NextFest.
> Bill was taken to the
> hospital but seems to have been okay, the video
> shows him talking before the
> paramedics took him away, and they said he could
> move his fingers and toes.
> Let's all wish him a speedy recovery if he's not
> recovered already!
>
> Hit the link for the story and (very scary!) video.
>
> m.
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> For subscription options, see
> http://lists.sjsu.edu/mailman/listinfo/ev
>




____________________________________________________________________________________
Need a vacation? Get great deals
to amazing places on Yahoo! Travel.
http://travel.yahoo.com/

_______________________________________________
For subscription options, see
http://lists.sjsu.edu/mailman/listinfo/ev
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Here is hoping the worst damage was to his pride.

michael wendell wrote:
> http://www.tgdaily.com/content/view/33853/113/
>
> Apparently Killacycle hooked up during a burnout demonstration and shot bill
> dube into a parked minivan at the WIRED NextFest. Bill was taken to the
> hospital but seems to have been okay, the video shows him talking before the
> paramedics took him away, and they said he could move his fingers and toes.
> Let's all wish him a speedy recovery if he's not recovered already!
>
> Hit the link for the story and (very scary!) video.
>
> m.
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> For subscription options, see
> http://lists.sjsu.edu/mailman/listinfo/ev
>
>

_______________________________________________
For subscription options, see
http://lists.sjsu.edu/mailman/listinfo/ev
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
In a message dated 9/13/2007 6:00:57 PM US Mountain Standard Time,
[email protected] writes:
>
> Date:9/13/2007 6:00:57 PM US Mountain Standard Time
> From:[email protected]
> Reply-to:[email protected]
> To:[email protected]
> Received from Internet:
>
>
>
> http://www.tgdaily.com/content/view/33853/113/
>
> Apparently Killacycle hooked up during a burnout demonstration and shot bill
>
> dube into a parked minivan at the WIRED NextFest. Bill was taken to the
> hospital but seems to have been okay, the video shows him talking before the
>
> paramedics took him away, and they said he could move his fingers and toes.
> Let's all wish him a speedy recovery if he's not recovered already!
>
> Hit the link for the story and (very scary!) video.
>
Prayers for Bill and the Killacycle team.
Dennis Berube
_______________________________________________
For subscription options, see
http://lists.sjsu.edu/mailman/listinfo/ev
 
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Top