DIY Electric Car Forums banner

41 - 57 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
Morgan LaMoore <[email protected]>
> Almost all batteries of other chemistries are currently very small.
> I doubt many companies would recycle lead batteries if they were only
> getting 18650 up to D cells.
>
> Similarly, if/when large quantities of EVs use large-format Lithium
> cells, economics of scale will encourage their recycling.

Historically, even large lead-acid batteries were routinely thrown out as trash rather than recycled. It didn't matter than there was scrap value to the lead; people *still* threw them out because it was easier.

It took pollution laws that required them to be recycled to stop this. They imposed fines for improper disposal, *and* collected deposits when purchased that were refunded when the old batteries were recycled to "reward" consumers for doing the right thing.

I feel that without similar laws for other types of batteries, they *will not* get recycled.


--
Those who say it cannot be done should not interrupt the one who is
doing it. -- Chinese proverb
--
Lee A. Hart, 814 8th Ave N, Sartell MN 56377, leeahart-at-earthlink.net

_______________________________________________
| REPLYING: address your message to [email protected] only.
| Multiple-address or CCed messages may be rejected.
| UNSUBSCRIBE: http://www.evdl.org/help/index.html#usub
| OTHER HELP: http://evdl.org/help/
| OPTIONS: http://lists.sjsu.edu/mailman/listinfo/ev
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #42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 

·
Registered
Joined
·
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
http://shopping.yahoo.com/articles/yshoppingarticles/543/wind-powered-car-s=
ets-records-in-a-3100-mile-road-test/


This is a practical self charging application. It is not the first. T=
here was =

the English Solar Van. But because it is so small it can charge faster u=
sing =

the wind turbine. Maybe faster if is was a water turbine. You'd need =
a source =

of running water close by though. Since air or better yet water are more=
energy =

dense this type of charger trumps solar. However in the doldrums you're =
out of =

luck. Combining the three would be great. Lawrence Rhodes...

_______________________________________________
| REPLYING: address your message to [email protected] only.
| Multiple-address or CCed messages may be rejected.
| UNSUBSCRIBE: http://www.evdl.org/help/index.html#usub
| OTHER HELP: http://evdl.org/help/
| OPTIONS: http://lists.sjsu.edu/mailman/listinfo/ev
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
Help!

We are in dire need of a Hairball (for Zilla 2k), we have two Zilla's with =
two different Hairball types, we need another Hairball with the pot box opt=
ion, not the hep. Please, if anyone has one in stock used or new, contact m=
e. Our first race is on March 26th, 2011. Ron @ 860-301-6813 or [email protected]=
ail.com.

Thank you,


Ronald Adamowicz
President, Chief Executive Officer, Director =

www.IEDRA.net
www.GeoMetricMoving.com
Director
www.ECEDRA.com
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://lists.sjsu.edu/mailman/private/ev/attachments/20110310/1b9e54f3=
/attachment.html =

_______________________________________________
| REPLYING: address your message to [email protected] only.
| Multiple-address or CCed messages may be rejected.
| UNSUBSCRIBE: http://www.evdl.org/help/index.html#usub
| OTHER HELP: http://evdl.org/help/
| OPTIONS: http://lists.sjsu.edu/mailman/listinfo/ev
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
Hi Mike etc,

Do you mean it fried when backing up or it was running retarded 10 degrees forward all the time? Inquiring minds would like to know. I'm leaning towards running my new 9" "Impulse" from Warfield go-ev.com neutral like my previous EV's at 120Vdc.

Best Regards,
mark

Mike wrote:

If anyone is interested, I have photos of the damage that can be caused when
running a motor set for 10 degrees advanced in reverse. This was an
Advanced DC FB1-4001A running at 144V. I had to replace all the brushes and
the brush holder. Most of the brush springs and major parts of the brush
holder were melted.

There is definitely lots of arcing that can happen when the brush timing is
wrong. This problem definitely becomes more pronounced as you run higher
voltage and higher current.

Mike

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://lists.sjsu.edu/mailman/private/ev/attachments/20110519/10671fdd/attachment.html
_______________________________________________
| Moratorium on drag racing discussion is in effect.
| Please take those discussions elsewhere. Thanks.
|
| REPLYING: address your message to [email protected] only.
| Multiple-address or CCed messages may be rejected.
| UNSUBSCRIBE: http://www.evdl.org/help/index.html#usub
| OTHER HELP: http://evdl.org/help/
| CONFIGURE: http://lists.sjsu.edu/mailman/listinfo/ev
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
My conversion is a Honda del Sol which natively runs clockwise. Almost
every other motor in the world runs counter-clockwise. When the motor was
installed, the cables were changed to run the motor "backwards" from normal
direction, but the timing wasn't changed. Thus it was always running
retarded 10 degrees. It didn't last long. This was at 144VDC.

Mike

> -----Original Message-----
> From: [email protected] [mailto:[email protected]] On
> Behalf Of Mark Hanson
> Sent: Thursday, May 19, 2011 11:37 AM
> To: [email protected]
> Subject: [EVDL] (no subject)
>
>
> Hi Mike etc,
>
> Do you mean it fried when backing up or it was running retarded 10 degrees
> forward all the time? Inquiring minds would like to know. I'm leaning
> towards running my new 9" "Impulse" from Warfield go-ev.com neutral like
> my previous EV's at 120Vdc.
>
> Best Regards,
> mark
>

_______________________________________________
| Moratorium on drag racing discussion is in effect.
| Please take those discussions elsewhere. Thanks.
|
| REPLYING: address your message to [email protected] only.
| Multiple-address or CCed messages may be rejected.
| UNSUBSCRIBE: http://www.evdl.org/help/index.html#usub
| OTHER HELP: http://evdl.org/help/
| CONFIGURE: http://lists.sjsu.edu/mailman/listinfo/ev
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
You do not mention cost as a consideration although I'm sure it is. If it were me and I could have either I would not go with the junior. 600 amps at ~150 volts will give you decent acceleration in a 3400 pound vehicle, but nothing to get excited about and certainly nothing worth showing off. I prefer a little more zip than that.
damon
> Date: Tue, 23 Aug 2011 09:23:40 -0700
> From: [email protected]
> To: [email protected]
> Subject: [EVDL] soliton vs soliton jr on a warp 9
>
>
>
> I will be running a Warp9 motor in my 1984 Jeep CJ7. I'll probably be around 3400 lbs.
> I'll likely run something like 50 CALB 130 Ah batteries.
>
> My question is about the controller. Is the Soliton jr enough for me? Should I get
> the regular Soliton so that I can have a little extra acceleration?
>
> I was thinking I'd cap the motor at 800 amps after break-in for reliability reasons.
>
> If 600 amps is enough, I might as well go with the jr.
>
> thanks,
> -ben
> -------------- next part --------------
> An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
> URL: http://lists.sjsu.edu/mailman/private/ev/attachments/20110823/e1104ed6/attachment.html
> _______________________________________________
> | Moratorium on drag racing discussion is in effect.
> | Please take those discussions elsewhere. Thanks.
> |
> | REPLYING: address your message to [email protected] only.
> | Multiple-address or CCed messages may be rejected.
> | UNSUBSCRIBE: http://www.evdl.org/help/index.html#usub
> | OTHER HELP: http://evdl.org/help/
> | CONFIGURE: http://lists.sjsu.edu/mailman/listinfo/ev

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://lists.sjsu.edu/mailman/private/ev/attachments/20110823/cd296485/attachment.html
_______________________________________________
| Moratorium on drag racing discussion is in effect.
| Please take those discussions elsewhere. Thanks.
|
| REPLYING: address your message to [email protected] only.
| Multiple-address or CCed messages may be rejected.
| UNSUBSCRIBE: http://www.evdl.org/help/index.html#usub
| OTHER HELP: http://evdl.org/help/
| CONFIGURE: http://lists.sjsu.edu/mailman/listinfo/ev
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
i have a Kewet EV, ~1991-1993 age.
unfoetunately, while it has a VIN, I have no title, just a Bill of Sale
Maryland is extremely finicky about titles so to register it i need a title.
Any one have experience with

http://www.getnewtitle.com/maryland-lost-car-title-vehicle-title-replacement-service.html

or simliar?

_______________________________________________
| Moratorium on drag racing discussion is in effect.
| Please take those discussions elsewhere. Thanks.
|
| REPLYING: address your message to [email protected] only.
| Multiple-address or CCed messages may be rejected.
| UNSUBSCRIBE: http://www.evdl.org/help/index.html#usub
| OTHER HELP: http://evdl.org/help/
| CONFIGURE: http://lists.sjsu.edu/mailman/listinfo/ev
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
What state is the bill of sale from? If it is from a state that
doesn't issue titles on vehicles of that vintage, then you should be
ok. Otherwise, I believe there is a way to have the VIN checked to
ensure it's not stolen, then post a bond for a period of time. If
that is the case, a title service may be better than trying to work
directly with the MVA.

Dave

On Sat, Nov 12, 2011 at 12:50 PM, robert winfield <[email protected]> w=
rote:
> i have a Kewet EV, ~1991-1993 age.
> unfoetunately, while it has a VIN, I have no title, just a Bill of Sale
> Maryland is extremely finicky about titles so to register it i need a tit=
le.
> Any one have experience with
>
> http://www.getnewtitle.com/maryland-lost-car-title-vehicle-title-replacem=
ent-service.html
>
> or simliar?
>
> _______________________________________________
> | Moratorium on drag racing discussion is in effect.
> | Please take those discussions elsewhere. Thanks.
> |
> | REPLYING: address your message to [email protected] only.
> | Multiple-address or CCed messages may be rejected.
> | UNSUBSCRIBE: http://www.evdl.org/help/index.html#usub
> | OTHER HELP: http://evdl.org/help/
> | CONFIGURE: http://lists.sjsu.edu/mailman/listinfo/ev
>

_______________________________________________
| Moratorium on drag racing discussion is in effect.
| Please take those discussions elsewhere. Thanks.
|
| REPLYING: address your message to [email protected] only.
| Multiple-address or CCed messages may be rejected.
| UNSUBSCRIBE: http://www.evdl.org/help/index.html#usub
| OTHER HELP: http://evdl.org/help/
| CONFIGURE: http://lists.sjsu.edu/mailman/listinfo/ev
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
Used car dealers have this sort of problem all the time, they are licensed
and bonded, go talk to a reputable one,(I know that sounds like an
"Oxymoron") and inquire to see if they can do the necessary paperwork for
you and get the valid title for you. (Might cost up to $1,000 !) Good-Luck
Dennis Miles

Dave Davidson <[email protected]> wrote:

> What state is the bill of sale from? If it is from a state that
> doesn't issue titles on vehicles of that vintage, then you should be
> ok. Otherwise, I believe there is a way to have the VIN checked to
> ensure it's not stolen, then post a bond for a period of time. If
> that is the case, a title service may be better than trying to work
> directly with the MVA.
>
> Dave
>
> On Sat, Nov 12, 2011 at 12:50 PM, robert winfield <[email protected]>
> wrote:
> > i have a Kewet EV, ~1991-1993 age.
> > unfoetunately, while it has a VIN, I have no title, just a Bill of Sale
> > Maryland is extremely finicky about titles so to register it i need a
> title.
> > Any one have experience with
>
>
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://lists.sjsu.edu/mailman/private/ev/attachments/20111112/ccb87a57/attachment.html
_______________________________________________
| Moratorium on drag racing discussion is in effect.
| Please take those discussions elsewhere. Thanks.
|
| REPLYING: address your message to [email protected] only.
| Multiple-address or CCed messages may be rejected.
| UNSUBSCRIBE: http://www.evdl.org/help/index.html#usub
| OTHER HELP: http://evdl.org/help/
| CONFIGURE: http://lists.sjsu.edu/mailman/listinfo/ev
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
If it's anything like Colorado, that is also very picky about titles,
you'll have to bond for twice the appraised value of the vehicle, do a
title search to make sure it hasn't been reported stolen, and such
stuff. Quite a pain. And I've been told that if it doens't appraise
at a high enough value here (I can't recall what number, but not being
in operable condition can also cause this) it can only get a salvage
title, not a regular title, even after the whole bonding process and
all.

Z

Dennis Miles <[email protected]> wrote:
> Used car dealers have this sort of problem all the time, they are licensed
> and bonded, go talk to a reputable one,(I know that sounds like an
> "Oxymoron") and inquire to see if they can do the necessary paperwork for
> you and get the valid title for you. (Might cost up to $1,000 !) Good-Luck
> Dennis Miles
>
> On Sat, Nov 12, 2011 at 1:31 PM, Dave Davidson <[email protected]> wrot=
e:
>
>> What state is the bill of sale from? If it is from a state that
>> doesn't issue titles on vehicles of that vintage, then you should be
>> ok. Otherwise, I believe there is a way to have the VIN checked to
>> ensure it's not stolen, then post a bond for a period of time. If
>> that is the case, a title service may be better than trying to work
>> directly with the MVA.
>>
>> Dave
>>
>> On Sat, Nov 12, 2011 at 12:50 PM, robert winfield <[email protected]>
>> wrote:
>> > i have a Kewet EV, ~1991-1993 age.
>> > unfoetunately, while it has a VIN, I have no title, just a Bill of Sale
>> > Maryland is extremely finicky about titles so to register it i need a
>> title.
>> > Any one have experience with
>>
>>
> -------------- next part --------------
> An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
> URL: http://lists.sjsu.edu/mailman/private/ev/attachments/20111112/ccb87a=
57/attachment.html
> _______________________________________________
> | Moratorium on drag racing discussion is in effect.
> | Please take those discussions elsewhere. Thanks.
> |
> | REPLYING: address your message to [email protected] only.
> | Multiple-address or CCed messages may be rejected.
> | UNSUBSCRIBE: http://www.evdl.org/help/index.html#usub
> | OTHER HELP: http://evdl.org/help/
> | CONFIGURE: http://lists.sjsu.edu/mailman/listinfo/ev
>

_______________________________________________
| Moratorium on drag racing discussion is in effect.
| Please take those discussions elsewhere. Thanks.
|
| REPLYING: address your message to [email protected] only.
| Multiple-address or CCed messages may be rejected.
| UNSUBSCRIBE: http://www.evdl.org/help/index.html#usub
| OTHER HELP: http://evdl.org/help/
| CONFIGURE: http://lists.sjsu.edu/mailman/listinfo/ev
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
If you have connections with the former owner, they could ask for a
replacement title. Idaho is fussy with titles too, but the registered owner
of record can easily ask for a new title to replace a lost one. About $20
and 2 weeks.

Mike

> -----Original Message-----
> From: [email protected] [mailto:[email protected]] On
> Behalf Of Zeke Yewdall
> Sent: Saturday, November 12, 2011 3:51 PM
> To: Electric Vehicle Discussion List
> Subject: Re: [EVDL] (no subject)
> =

> If it's anything like Colorado, that is also very picky about titles,
you'll have to
> bond for twice the appraised value of the vehicle, do a title search to
make
> sure it hasn't been reported stolen, and such stuff. Quite a pain. And
I've
> been told that if it doens't appraise at a high enough value here (I can't
recall
> what number, but not being in operable condition can also cause this) it
can
> only get a salvage title, not a regular title, even after the whole
bonding
> process and all.
> =

> Z
> =

>
Dennis Miles <[email protected]> wrote:
> > Used car dealers have this sort of problem all the time, they are
> > licensed and bonded, go talk to a reputable one,(I know that sounds
> > like an
> > "Oxymoron") and inquire to see if they can do the necessary paperwork
> > for you and get the valid title for you. (Might cost up to $1,000 !)
> > Good-Luck Dennis Miles
> >
> > On Sat, Nov 12, 2011 at 1:31 PM, Dave Davidson <[email protected]>
> wrote:
> >
> >> What state is the bill of sale from? If it is from a state that
> >> doesn't issue titles on vehicles of that vintage, then you should be
> >> ok. Otherwise, I believe there is a way to have the VIN checked to
> >> ensure it's not stolen, then post a bond for a period of time. If
> >> that is the case, a title service may be better than trying to work
> >> directly with the MVA.
> >>
> >> Dave
> >>
> >> On Sat, Nov 12, 2011 at 12:50 PM, robert winfield
> >> <[email protected]>
> >> wrote:
> >> > i have a Kewet EV, ~1991-1993 age.
> >> > unfoetunately, while it has a VIN, I have no title, just a Bill of
> >> > Sale Maryland is extremely finicky about titles so to register it i
> >> > need a
> >> title.
> >> > Any one have experience with
> >>
> >>
> > -------------- next part -------------- An HTML attachment was
> > scrubbed...
> > URL:
> > http://lists.sjsu.edu/mailman/private/ev/attachments/20111112/ccb87a57
> > /attachment.html
> _______________________________________________
> > | Moratorium on drag racing discussion is in effect.
> > | Please take those discussions elsewhere. Thanks.
> > |
> > | REPLYING: address your message to [email protected] only.
> > | Multiple-address or CCed messages may be rejected.
> > | UNSUBSCRIBE: http://www.evdl.org/help/index.html#usub
> > | OTHER HELP: http://evdl.org/help/
> > | CONFIGURE: http://lists.sjsu.edu/mailman/listinfo/ev
> >
> =

> _______________________________________________
> | Moratorium on drag racing discussion is in effect.
> | Please take those discussions elsewhere. Thanks.
> |
> | REPLYING: address your message to [email protected] only.
> | Multiple-address or CCed messages may be rejected.
> | UNSUBSCRIBE: http://www.evdl.org/help/index.html#usub
> | OTHER HELP: http://evdl.org/help/
> | CONFIGURE: http://lists.sjsu.edu/mailman/listinfo/ev


_______________________________________________
| Moratorium on drag racing discussion is in effect.
| Please take those discussions elsewhere. Thanks.
|
| REPLYING: address your message to [email protected] only.
| Multiple-address or CCed messages may be rejected.
| UNSUBSCRIBE: http://www.evdl.org/help/index.html#usub
| OTHER HELP: http://evdl.org/help/
| CONFIGURE: http://lists.sjsu.edu/mailman/listinfo/ev
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
I'm far from an expert on this. Certainly I've never had to do it.
However, I've heard that some states are more lenient than others about re-
titling scrap or old vehicles. So the idea is to find someone to title the
vehicle in a more lenient state. You sell it to him with the bill of sale.
He titles it, then sells it to you with the refurbished title.

More than that I don't know, sorry, but that might be the way the "title
recovery" services work.

David Roden - Akron, Ohio, USA
EVDL Administrator

= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =
EVDL Information: http://www.evdl.org/help/
= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =
Note: mail sent to "evpost" and "etpost" addresses will not
reach me. To send a private message, please obtain my
email address from the webpage http://www.evdl.org/help/ .
= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =


_______________________________________________
| Moratorium on drag racing discussion is in effect.
| Please take those discussions elsewhere. Thanks.
|
| REPLYING: address your message to [email protected] only.
| Multiple-address or CCed messages may be rejected.
| UNSUBSCRIBE: http://www.evdl.org/help/index.html#usub
| OTHER HELP: http://evdl.org/help/
| CONFIGURE: http://lists.sjsu.edu/mailman/listinfo/ev
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
Luckily in California, I was able to retitle my 1964 car without too much
problem. The hard part, oddly enough, was keeping the original black CA
plates. In California they are a status symbol that can fetch hundreds
more dollars, as they imply the car has always lived in minimally rusting
California climates. I had to take it to the California Highway Patrol so
they could make sure it wasn't stolen. The CHP just called the DMV to
check so it was ultimately a waste of time for everyone. The entire
process took almost a year due to three month turnaround times from the
DMV. I find it odd that if I had just gotten new plates there would've
been almost no hoops to jump through.


EVDL Administrator <[email protected]>wrote:

> I'm far from an expert on this. Certainly I've never had to do it.
> However, I've heard that some states are more lenient than others about re-
> titling scrap or old vehicles. So the idea is to find someone to title the
> vehicle in a more lenient state. You sell it to him with the bill of sale.
> He titles it, then sells it to you with the refurbished title.
>
> More than that I don't know, sorry, but that might be the way the "title
> recovery" services work.
>
> David Roden - Akron, Ohio, USA
> EVDL Administrator
>
> = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =
> EVDL Information: http://www.evdl.org/help/
> = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =
> Note: mail sent to "evpost" and "etpost" addresses will not
> reach me. To send a private message, please obtain my
> email address from the webpage http://www.evdl.org/help/ .
> = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> | Moratorium on drag racing discussion is in effect.
> | Please take those discussions elsewhere. Thanks.
> |
> | REPLYING: address your message to [email protected] only.
> | Multiple-address or CCed messages may be rejected.
> | UNSUBSCRIBE: http://www.evdl.org/help/index.html#usub
> | OTHER HELP: http://evdl.org/help/
> | CONFIGURE: http://lists.sjsu.edu/mailman/listinfo/ev
>
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://lists.sjsu.edu/mailman/private/ev/attachments/20111113/fa6cdf82/attachment.html
_______________________________________________
| Moratorium on drag racing discussion is in effect.
| Please take those discussions elsewhere. Thanks.
|
| REPLYING: address your message to [email protected] only.
| Multiple-address or CCed messages may be rejected.
| UNSUBSCRIBE: http://www.evdl.org/help/index.html#usub
| OTHER HELP: http://evdl.org/help/
| CONFIGURE: http://lists.sjsu.edu/mailman/listinfo/ev
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
Message: 1
>Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2012 11:24:43 -0700
From: Mark Warner <
>. It's a 1985 VF500 Honda Interceptor. I'm keeping an
online journal of the process, which is just getting off the ground now.
The link to the blog is here: http://evmotorcycle.blogspot.com/>

Hi Mark ,, I'm looking at a book right now called " The electric
vehicle conversion handbook" that was written buy a Mark Warner ,
maybe you? Nice book, looks well done .
I put together a bike using a lot of old parts with 72v pack of lead
, 8" fork lift motor with no transmission just chain gear on motor to
rear wheel . Its in the EValbum , simple set up and dose 50 mph fine.
good pick up , I have a 1250 amp 72v logic systum controller .

--
Steve
772-971-0533
Tomorrows Ride TODAY !
Visit our shop web page at: www.Greenshedconversions.com

_______________________________________________
| Moratorium on drag racing discussion is in effect.
| Please take those discussions elsewhere. Thanks.
|
| REPLYING: address your message to [email protected] only.
| Multiple-address or CCed messages may be rejected.
| UNSUBSCRIBE: http://www.evdl.org/help/index.html#usub
| OTHER HELP: http://evdl.org/help/
| CONFIGURE: http://lists.sjsu.edu/mailman/listinfo/ev
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
From: Willie McKemie

, Rush Dougherty wrote:

> So again it comes down to heat. and how heat affects the battery life.

Both of Willie's car's are getting the same heat I believe , It
sounds like his Thundersky's are doing much better in his conversion .

> guess also the cooling in the Arizona Leaf's is not enough to keep the
> battery capacity in sync with the rest of the USA.

Or it may be the type of batteries that are in the leaf , or maybe the
size of the pack .His thundersky's are not getting any kind of cooling
.
Nissan may have picked the wrong type of cells.

From: Willie McKemie
>I have 20% capacity loss in Texas with 18K miles over 15 months. That
is very close to Nissan's mileage expectations. <

I'm sure they didn't tell you that when you got the car , 18k is what
200 to 400 cycles ?.


>My Hyundai conversion has 34K miles over 3+ years and has no more than
10% capacity loss. Nissan made a poor choice on battery chemistry
and/or battery management. They should correct the problem.<
Willie, ONWARD! Through the fog!<

I think you have a good case as your Hyundai is doing so much better
and sees the same living conditions .


Steve & Audrey
Your Green Shed Team
772-971-0533
Tomorrows Ride TODAY !
Visit our shop web page at: www.Greenshedconversions.com

_______________________________________________
| Moratorium on drag racing discussion is in effect.
| Please take those discussions elsewhere. Thanks.
|
| REPLYING: address your message to [email protected] only.
| Multiple-address or CCed messages may be rejected.
| UNSUBSCRIBE: http://www.evdl.org/help/index.html#usub
| OTHER HELP: http://evdl.org/help/
| CONFIGURE: http://lists.sjsu.edu/mailman/listinfo/ev
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
It could also be an instrumentation and or BMS problem. Why else would the
ending voltages of the LEAFs in the test spanned such a wide range when
they were all driven to turtle mode? In any case, I think Nissan selected
the wrong chemistry. LiFePO4 has a longer cycle life and as Willie's
conversion is showing.

Steve Clunn wrote:

> From: Willie McKemie
>
> , Rush Dougherty wrote:
>
> > So again it comes down to heat. and how heat affects the battery life.
>
> Both of Willie's car's are getting the same heat I believe , It
> sounds like his Thundersky's are doing much better in his conversion .
>
> > guess also the cooling in the Arizona Leaf's is not enough to keep the
> > battery capacity in sync with the rest of the USA.
>
> Or it may be the type of batteries that are in the leaf , or maybe the
> size of the pack .His thundersky's are not getting any kind of cooling
> .
> Nissan may have picked the wrong type of cells.
>
> From: Willie McKemie
> >I have 20% capacity loss in Texas with 18K miles over 15 months. That
> is very close to Nissan's mileage expectations. <
>
> I'm sure they didn't tell you that when you got the car , 18k is what
> 200 to 400 cycles ?.
>
>
> >My Hyundai conversion has 34K miles over 3+ years and has no more than
> 10% capacity loss. Nissan made a poor choice on battery chemistry
> and/or battery management. They should correct the problem.<
> Willie, ONWARD! Through the fog!<
>
> I think you have a good case as your Hyundai is doing so much better
> and sees the same living conditions .
>
>
> Steve & Audrey
> Your Green Shed Team
> 772-971-0533
> Tomorrows Ride TODAY !
> Visit our shop web page at: www.Greenshedconversions.com
>
> _______________________________________________
> | Moratorium on drag racing discussion is in effect.
> | Please take those discussions elsewhere. Thanks.
> |
> | REPLYING: address your message to [email protected] <javascript:;> only.
> | Multiple-address or CCed messages may be rejected.
> | UNSUBSCRIBE: http://www.evdl.org/help/index.html#usub
> | OTHER HELP: http://evdl.org/help/
> | CONFIGURE: http://lists.sjsu.edu/mailman/listinfo/ev
>


--
David D. Nelson
http://evalbum.com/1328
http://2003gizmo.blogspot.com
http://www.levforum.com
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://lists.sjsu.edu/mailman/private/ev/attachments/20120926/522dae6d/attachment.html
_______________________________________________
| Moratorium on drag racing discussion is in effect.
| Please take those discussions elsewhere. Thanks.
|
| REPLYING: address your message to [email protected] only.
| Multiple-address or CCed messages may be rejected.
| UNSUBSCRIBE: http://www.evdl.org/help/index.html#usub
| OTHER HELP: http://evdl.org/help/
| CONFIGURE: http://lists.sjsu.edu/mailman/listinfo/ev
 
41 - 57 of 57 Posts
Top