DIY Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I happened across this auction for TS 100ah cells at a not-all-that special
price of about US$131 each including shipping as a 24 lot. The auction post
lists them as being manufactured a bit more than two years ago, Dec 2008.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=180536088343#vi-content

It's a bit lower price than some I've seen, but I've not seen many and don't
mind not saving the money if the quality is there.

The auction post references max voltage of 4.25, which this list has shown to be
avoided. Enough of the other information is contrary to what I've learned on
this and other forums to make me shy away from this particular purchase option.

What say the wisdom of the list membership?

While I've got you on the line, where would you purchase a rack of 100ah TS
cells?




-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://lists.sjsu.edu/mailman/private/ev/attachments/20110201/d4c1845e/attachment.html
_______________________________________________
| REPLYING: address your message to [email protected] only.
| Multiple-address or CCed messages may be rejected.
| UNSUBSCRIBE: http://www.evdl.org/help/index.html#usub
| OTHER HELP: http://evdl.org/help/
| OPTIONS: http://lists.sjsu.edu/mailman/listinfo/ev
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
fred wrote:

> I happened across this auction for TS 100ah cells at a not-all-that special
> price of about US$131 each including shipping as a 24 lot. The auction post
> lists them as being manufactured a bit more than two years ago, Dec 2008.
>
> http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=180536088343#vi-content
>
> It's a bit lower price than some I've seen, but I've not seen many and don't
> mind not saving the money if the quality is there.
>
> The auction post references max voltage of 4.25, which this list has shown to be
> avoided. Enough of the other information is contrary to what I've learned on
> this and other forums to make me shy away from this particular purchase option.
>
> What say the wisdom of the list membership?

Those instructions seem to be in line with what I heard TS was saying back in 2008. Now it is basically the same, but they recommend a max of 4.00 volts.

-corbin

>
> While I've got you on the line, where would you purchase a rack of 100ah TS
> cells?

http://currentevtech.com/ is one of many re-salers. I know Dave has cells in stock. So does Evolve: http://www.evolveelectrics.com/ , indirectly through Alliance renewable batteries.

corbin

>
>
>
>
> -------------- next part --------------
> An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
> URL: http://lists.sjsu.edu/mailman/private/ev/attachments/20110201/d4c1845e/attachment.html
> _______________________________________________
> | REPLYING: address your message to [email protected] only.
> | Multiple-address or CCed messages may be rejected.
> | UNSUBSCRIBE: http://www.evdl.org/help/index.html#usub
> | OTHER HELP: http://evdl.org/help/
> | OPTIONS: http://lists.sjsu.edu/mailman/listinfo/ev

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://lists.sjsu.edu/mailman/private/ev/attachments/20110201/39e90b6d/attachment.html
_______________________________________________
| REPLYING: address your message to [email protected] only.
| Multiple-address or CCed messages may be rejected.
| UNSUBSCRIBE: http://www.evdl.org/help/index.html#usub
| OTHER HELP: http://evdl.org/help/
| OPTIONS: http://lists.sjsu.edu/mailman/listinfo/ev
 
1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Top