DIY Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I'm a grateful newcommer to the community, thrilled that I found it.I'm interested in converting a 1972 corvette, have had this car for decades and know it inside and out, I am a fabricator/welder with 30+yrs experience and am looking for a challenging project! Have researched with some vendors and gotten quotes for 25K + for stock. I'm prepared to invest the money, but am determined to build a bulletproof reliable vehicle. Wish list for me would be... Highway speed capable, 60+ mile range, with AC, and vacuum for brakes. Speed is not the main concern, BUT IT'S MY VETTE, or EVETTE if it's even possible? Any advice comments or concerns would be greatly appreciated, Respectfully PF

·
Registered
7,956 Posts
Welcome!

The C3 Corvette is a somewhat popular target for conversions, not because it is particularly suitable, but because there are so many enthusiastic owners. There are various approaches, and several discussions of them in this forum. As remy_martian mentioned, the rear suspension is centre of most issues and major decisions.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Mkfivedriver,
Happy to hear another C3 conversion. I have similar requirement as your's, just to build a EV conversion that is a daily driver, good performance; but not for the track. The rear suspension could be an issue but I am transplanting the Model S subframe + suspension, rotor & brakes. Hope it will drive like a Model S, but looks a lot cooler!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.