DIY Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Admin: 'one of many'
4,838 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, due to popular demand I am looking for an expression of interest in a subforum catering for the EV conversions and builds that would not fit into the conventional cars and bikes areas.

The purpose of the subforum would be for Tractors, Mobility, Construction type plant, Mowers, Karts, Dragsters, Tracked crawlers, Snow blowers etc.

Generally speaking, electric vehicles that are not toys but serious projects, experiments, learning curves and useful, but non road going or road legal, stuff.
I guess weird stuff could be accomodated but lets keep it sensible and within the ethos of the forum.

If you think it would be a good idea and would like to add your thoughts, link to suitable threads (please), or offer to help populate the forum then please express your interest here.

There are no guarentees the forum will be set up but if there is a good interest and maybe the potential for a couple hundred threads, new and existing, then we can look at setting it up.

Thank you,
Woodsmith

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
Woody,

Since all I do is weird stuff:p, you know where my vote is.

Jim

·
Registered
7,839 Posts
Generally speaking, electric vehicles that are not toys but serious projects, experiments, learning curves and useful, but non road going or road legal, stuff.
I guess weird stuff could be accomodated but lets keep it sensible and within the ethos of the forum.

If you think it would be a good idea and would like to add your thoughts, link to suitable threads (please), or offer to help populate the forum then please express your interest here.
Hey Wood,

A big yes vote from me :) We need a place. It took me a long time (like 30 minutes of search) to find one of my favorites to show you. http://www.diyelectriccar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28459&highlight=Quadriplegic And of course, JRP3's 6 wheeler. It is in his avatar, but I don't know the thread. And then my http://www.diyelectriccar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=44430&highlight=eTractor

I know there are 100s more, just don't know how to find them :( I'll post them up as I come across them.

Thanks,

major

ps....And the guy with the tracked snow blade pusher. How do I find that? And I could sure use one of those this morning. Found it http://www.diyelectriccar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=42565&highlight=tracked

pps...And how about this one http://www.diyelectriccar.com/forums/showthread.php/woodys-tractor-project-39910.html

·
Registered
7,839 Posts

·
4,838 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks major, there are a good few threads there. :)
One or two will probaby not move as they have greater relevance in other forums but the rest seem like good candidates.

·
Registered
604 Posts
Hi; I don't really understand how threads and forums operate ,but would all posts to any forum still show on new posts? I find a variety of items of interest{ except hydrogen} and learn much from the oddball;) threads.

·
4,838 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hi; I don't really understand how threads and forums operate ,but would all posts to any forum still show on new posts? I find a variety of items of interest{ except hydrogen} and learn much from the oddball;) threads.
Yes, new posts would still show as normal.

However, due to the increasing number of non road going builds if there were sufficient interest a new forum could be made and populated with most of the existing non road going threads and new threads would then be started in there in the same way as the other existing threads.
It would be similar to the EV Performance and Electric Bike forums but maybe nested as a sub forum of the All EV Conversions and Builds forum.

·
Registered
4,302 Posts
I have a great friend, who may not be here on the Forum yet, with a deep concern for ALL forms of post-fossil power. His site is http://www.solarcarandtractor.com/Home.html

so, I'll leave it at that since I do not have the time to delve beyond daily transportation (cars and bikes) at this time.....

·
Registered
7,839 Posts
Hi Pop,

It would just be an easier way for folks with non-road EVs to find threads of interest to them and to get responses from members with like interest. I am one of those folks. And it is very difficult for me to refer new posters back to previous threads concerning similar vehicles because those threads are mixed in with all the on-road EV cars. Like for example: Search for tractor.....you get every response Woody has ever made because he has tractor in his signature. All 2,653 of them :eek:

Regards,

major

·
Registered
4,302 Posts
if there is a particular Forum you want to follow any new posts on, check the 'thread tools' drop-down, if you want to watch an entire forum ofr new threads and replies, then back up one step and use the drop-down to be notified of any new posts in a forum...

the hierarchy is (one) forum-> (many) threads -> (many)posts

·
4,838 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Like for example: Search for tractor.....you get every response Woody has ever made because he has tractor in his signature. All 2,653 of them :eek:

Regards,

major
:eek:

I will reword my sig later today when I am not at work.
:)

·
Registered
7,839 Posts
:eek:

I will reword my sig later today when I am not at work.
:)
I don't think that is required. If it wasn't your sig, it would just be something else. And I like your tractor thread :) I was just using it as an example, not picking on anyone ;) How many people actually search for tractor?

1 - 20 of 62 Posts