DIY Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, i'm planning an ev conversion for next year and started looking for deals on used parts as i want to do things on a strict budget.

I came across this kit that contains : 30 KW ANSALDO electric motor that's liquid cooled, about 40kg, Pedal with sensor, drive-neutral-reverse selector, power cables, electrical installation (whatever that means), gearbox, supports and bushings for motor and gearbox, support with belt tensioner for AC compressor, diesel tank for additional heating (probably used to have a webasto heating or something like that), electric water pump (for cooling the motor i guess), radiator and fans, expansion vessel, etc.

link to a bunch of photos:
the guy had the battery as well, the only thing missing was an inverter and the ECU according to the seller however the battery has been sold so that's not available anymore.

he's looking to get about 1200 euros for everything.

couple of questions:
  • is this a good deal at this price?
  • can i use some nissan leaf batteries? or maybe egolf batteries? will it be hard to make them work together?
  • if i can't source the original inverter and ECU can i make it work with something else?
  • will i run into compatibility issues with anything ?
  • as is, what else is missing and what would other parts cost?
  • any other comments or feedback whatever is welcome
thanks,
Norbert

·
Registered
105 Posts
Hi Norbert
Firstly what vehicle is this going in and will you be using a gearbox.
What are your expectations regarding range, speed etc?

Sent from my moto g(8) power lite using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hey Scott.

The car i'm planning to convert is a Dacia 1300 from the 80's. without the engine the car will weigh about 500kg probably.
Overall setup will likely be under 1000kg's and i'll have about 15 maybe 20kwh worth of batteries as i don't plan to drive more than 100km with the car anyway.

question is, should i go ahead with the purchase of this kit for that amount of money? or would i be better off buying a motor, controller, inverter, etc etc etc. separately ?

·
Registered
6,274 Posts
The inverter is a very significant part of an AC drive setup; I don't think it would make sense to buy that motor unless you have found an inverter which will work with it, and know the price of that inverter.

The car i'm planning to convert is a Dacia 1300 from the 80's. without the engine the car will weigh about 500kg probably.
Overall setup will likely be under 1000kg's and i'll have about 15 maybe 20kwh worth of batteries as i don't plan to drive more than 100km with the car anyway.
That's not likely, since a complete Dacia 1300 four-door weighs about 930 kg. The engine is not more than the half the weight of the car... it's probably only 100 kg. Take out the fuel tank, exhaust system, etc and it gets lighter, but not as low as 500 kg.

It's very unlikely that with 20 kWh of battery the converted car will weigh any less than the original car, but 1000 kg might be a reasonable target.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks for the great insight Brian. that's what others told me as well so i'll probably end up skipping this one.

in the end the total weight will probably be around the original weight according to my calculations however i did not find any numbers about how much the ICE engine weighs in one of these.

thanks for the insight so far.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Also take into account what sort of performance you want from the car, some want a significant improvement and others are happy to stick to a similar output of the original engine.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Also take into account what sort of performance you want from the car, some want a significant improvement and others are happy to stick to a similar output of the original engine.

yes, i already considered this. i'm happy with the original output of the car so about 40-50kw would be enough.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hello do you still have any of these parts that you were going to use for your Dacia??
The ansaldo parts I mean, motor, shafts, boxes, wiring, any or everything in the photos above the photo of the Dacia.
Could you please let us know.
Many thanks
Donald and Andrew

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hi everyone, i'm planning an ev conversion for next year and started looking for deals on used parts as i want to do things on a strict budget.

I came across this kit that contains : 30 KW ANSALDO electric motor that's liquid cooled, about 40kg, Pedal with sensor, drive-neutral-reverse selector, power cables, electrical installation (whatever that means), gearbox, supports and bushings for motor and gearbox, support with belt tensioner for AC compressor, diesel tank for additional heating (probably used to have a webasto heating or something like that), electric water pump (for cooling the motor i guess), radiator and fans, expansion vessel, etc.

the guy had the battery as well, the only thing missing was an inverter and the ECU according to the seller however the battery has been sold so that's not available anymore.

couple of questions:
  • can i use some nissan leaf batteries? or maybe egolf batteries? will it be hard to make them work together?
  • if i can't source the original inverter and ECU can i make it work with something else?
thanks,
Norbert
Hello there.
Have you got all these parts still available??
Or any of them?
We are interested, please can you let us know, many thanks indeed.

·
Registered
20 Posts

couple of questions:
thanks,
Norbert
Hello do you have the parts still available??
Can you let us know please?
Many thanks indeed

1 - 10 of 10 Posts