DIY Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI, i bought this car with ded battery. As far i know it need about 270 degress to run. And there is a problem If i replace battery to lithium pack 64s with is 240V i still need cheat or disable thermal sensor to give controller information that the battery i hot. controller is TIM 400. See also other pictures.. Motor dont have hall sensors ? 4 wires only ?

Anyone can help me ?

Attachments

·
Registered
251 Posts
It will not work like this.
You need to generate all CANbus messages from the original Zebra battery control unit or tyhe TIM400 wont work.
Best way is to connect the lithium pack to the old Zebra battery control unit and replace the Zebra thermal resistors with some regular resistors so it thinks its heated.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i just dismental battery and get 3 sensors from battery and its lokk like they are ok. at 20celsius they have around 1.100kohm resistance and it rising when heated. So i think to heat them to 270 and check resistance. Then i will cheat electronics by using propper resistors. In few days i will have BMW li-ion packs to have 240V nominal. Hope it will work

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i got it :) i used 3d printer heater and NTC, to heat fiat sensor to 260 celsius. resistance i got is 1.85kohm, so ill buy 100pcs and find 3 identical :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts