DIY Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1968 Fiat 850 Spider
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all!

I am converting a 1968 Fiat 850 to electric. I was going to use the guts from a Nissan Leaf, but have decided to go through a simpler and cheaper method. I will be using a DC motor and keep the stock look of the car.

I have an instagram where I will be updating my progress as well as a youtube channel coming soon. (850_ev_project on insta)

I am in Houston, TX and have a huge passion for cars and classic fiats. I have worked on several for gas engine but this will be my first electric. I of course have some questions but will post those in the appropriate threads.

Thanks guys and gals!

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have a '75 FIAT 124 Spider. I wish I had gotten into this forum a couple of years ago when I had a major throw-out bearing / transmission issue. I've been thinking about an EV conversion for a long time (but probably not for my Spider since finally the enginee / carb / trans etc. are working well, but the interior is junk, and the paint is junk, not the right combo for an EV conversion!).
Still, my dreams are on a classic convertible converted to EV some day. All I need it time and money. Please keep us up-to-day with your progress! Good luck.

·
Registered
1968 Fiat 850 Spider
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I will! I also have a 78 124 Spider. She will stay gas as I have a 2L in her with dual carbs and a high compression piston set. I love her, but want to do an electric fiat too!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts