DIY Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 81 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
trying to get a micro-vett fiorino back on the road again,
but missing technical information about these electric cars.

I have collected some info and will update the document, you can se it here:

about micro-vett

Update: 11. october 2016 doing some investigating an thoughts about the bms

If you have some info about micro-vett, i will be happy to hear about it :p

;) michael

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hi Michael!
Thank You for the very useful info from the document.
We try to get a Micro-Vett Fiorino back on the road too :D

We spent the summer with decompleting the battery packs and charging each battery cell with a small modeller charger with balancers and now when we take it back together, the system says: Fuel cut-off - unavailable :rolleyes:

We must find what we did wrong and your info with scheme will help us I hope :D

Do You have some more experience with connecting the controller with pc and collect any data from BMS from the battery packs?

Thank You! We wish You the best progress!

Karel J.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey, happy if it can help collecting information about these cars. Think the main components are great, but electronic to complex without documentation. ;)

Right now i am trying to get a overview, i have more info, and will update the document as i get forward.

Tommorrow i will try connect to bms. If i succed , i could make a short video.

My car has the same error, the last owner replaced some cells also, and the full off error came on.

What kind of error did you have before replacing cells?

I have some more in the wiringdiagram, next time i am at my labtop i will upload it and share.

:) michael

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Also, the fuel level in the show 1/3 fuel back, but i succed recharge from 260 to 310 volts, but nothing happens with the fuel level in the instrument

·
Registered
14 Posts
A short video would be nice! :)

We bought the EV and the range was only about 10 km, but when there was a hill, the car stopped sooner. The charger (Only Zivan NG3 I think = 3kW and 8 hours charging time :eek: - we have the Fiorino model 2009) charged the EV only about for 45 minutes and then stopped. The voltage of the system was only ca. 260 V and when we drove, the voltage dropped very soon.
Now when we done balancing all the 432 cells ( :D ) the voltage is ca. 300 V = 4.16 V for cell. :cool:
We have 9 battery packs - each has 99 V = 48 cells ePLB C020 coupled in pairs.
Before we dismounted the packs, there was only error, when the battery was depleted - I think errors like - "V-S LIM 0.0" etc.

I believe, that we will check all the cables etc. and we will succeed. Otherwise, we will do something to overcome the system, which is creating misunderstanding errors (without any manual from Micro-Vett).

Good luck!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Also, the fuel level in the show 1/3 fuel back, but i succed recharge from 260 to 310 volts, but nothing happens with the fuel level in the instrument
We had always the fuel level on the top = full charge, when there was only 260 V. When we drove that ca. 10 km and the system stopped because of depleted battery, the fuel level dropped only to ca. 7/8

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
My car have both fuel cut off unavailable and v-s lim, and still fuel level show 1/3.

I have read about problem with the 12 volt battery, charged to low, and not enough amps in charger, and to small battery. Sounds like that's a great place to start, so the car will be more stable in the future.

Also i consider to change the bms, remove the build in microcontroller and replace it with arduino mega in all 9 packs. But will wait until i tried everything else.

I might get acces to more detailed info about the car, hope so, looks like we are on 'deep water' without documentation.

The complete wiring diagram for fiat micro-vett

·
Registered
14 Posts
Thanks a lot for the complete wiring diagram!

I made a little progress - successfully connected the system with laptop and in Teraterm I got this message:

"
I/O System started

2009: M-Vett Fiorino V. 3.66_4 - v 30-60

Freno su pin 26 e input retromarciaCAN BUS Initialize

2000: V. 1.00 pr=185pr=185pr=185pr=185 ..."

It seems that is something wrong with the pin 26 - which is in the wiring diagram in Inverter "IN BRAKE" and also pin 26 is physically marked on the connector on "Electronic case"
I will check the wires going out from Electronic case.

Do You have some experience with Teraterm or with some pin errors?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks a lot for the complete wiring diagram!

I made a little progress - successfully connected the system with laptop and in Teraterm I got this message:

"
I/O System started

2009: M-Vett Fiorino V. 3.66_4 - v 30-60

Freno su pin 26 e input retromarciaCAN BUS Initialize

2000: V. 1.00 pr=185pr=185pr=185pr=185 ..."

It seems that is something wrong with the pin 26 - which is in the wiring diagram in Inverter "IN BRAKE" and also pin 26 is physically marked on the connector on "Electronic case"
I will check the wires going out from Electronic case.

Do You have some experience with Teraterm or with some pin errors?
;) looks like you got more data from the system that i do, looks interessting

If i translate to danish: 'Freno su pin 26 e input retromarcia CAN BUS Initialize', i understand it as the initialization is stopped because of a reverse connection on pin 26. 'input retromarcia' => 'reverse input' ??

I have used teraterm a few times, but dont know it in details

Only thing it get from my connection to BMS is trying to do initialization

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hey, do you have a zivan ng9 charger in your car?

;) michael

·
Registered
14 Posts
I wish I had a Zivan NG9 ! :D
I think that we have NG3 (charging at ca. 3 kW = 230 V and 11 A). We want to upgrade the charger in the future :cool:

We made a big progress! We drove yet ca. 40 meters :D That means that the connection is OK, but there might be something wrong with the BMS CAN Bus or with the system :eek:
When we connected the main charger, only the 12 V battery was charging for a while, then stopped. We disconnected the main charger and the system allowed the car moving without any dashboard errors. But this was only for ca. 15 seconds, then the system disconnected the high voltage batteries and stopped. After restarting the system only with the key, the system allowed the ride, but for shortly time - ca 5 seconds. After this, restarting didnt help and the system wrote the errors - V-S Lim /RESTART /Fuel Cut-off :eek:
This all repeats when we connect the main charger, we can do this steps again with no change :D
Changing the 12 V battery for the fresh didnt help.
And one interesting thing is, that when the system is OK for a while and we can move, the dash voltage is 294 V - which is slightly decreasing when we move - its OK, but the amperage is still -552 A (minus) and this parameter dont change when we drive :eek:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi, the two DB9 are RS-232;
1) INV connected on Inverter Ansaldo
2) UM connected to board (vehicle managed unit and master bms) inside a grey box over the battery

For connect with inverter it's necessary a sw named CANEPONIX from ansaldo.
For connect with UM it's possbile use TeraTerm or Hyper Terminal.

When the alarm "V-S limit" appeare in dashboard, it's necessary recharge the battery; if veichle running for a few km, shure one or more cell are undervoltage.

For verify all cell, connect the pc on UM, key on on car, after start page digit t (t= cell; c= configure); enter the system show a page with value of the cell.

For the moments that's all.

n.b. how cell are installed?

Ciao

Fox

http://www.diyelectriccar.com/forum...sion-micro-131930p2.html?highlight=micro-vett

this is real!!!!!!!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
amperage is still -552 A (minus) and this parameter dont change when we drive :eek:
Congratulation for the success ;) the car actually can drive

Have you tried connect to the bms again now after a (super short) drive?

Also, i read somewhere that the ampere sensor can be defect, don't think it should show -552 ampere, have you checked connections from to the Grey box in top/front to sensor below the right front light?

I am removing all 9 battery backs from the car now, for manually test and balancing them one pack at the time.

After removing front batteries, i think it will be easier to follow all cables, and test that everything running 12 volt works, Like the coolant pump, fuel heater and so.

·
Registered
14 Posts
There was a broken cable on the ampere sensor ;) Now it is working fine.

The system is everytime shutting the batteries down after ca. 14 seconds from start. There are still running numbers in the terminal, when connected to the "UM" RS-232. The process of initial running numbers is interrupted, so we dont have a time to send the command ('t' or 'c') - so the problem is maybe with BMS. I will try to get to the BMS with terminal when the charger is turned on.

Please guys - tell me! What does it mean the LEM (F) cables on the "wiring diagram"? It should be connected to the battery pack (XJ20), but I dont think that there are some cables for this. In my front battery pack, there are only cables for BMS CAN (4 wires?) and cables for powering CAN and MUX (3 wires?).
These same (together 4+3 wires) are coming out of the other corner of the front battery pack (3 cases) and they are connected to the back battery pack 1 (2 cases) and from the other corner of back battery pack 1 to the back battery pack 2 (4 cases).

·
Registered
14 Posts
n.b. how cell are installed?
Excuse me Fox, what are You exactly asking for? We have 432 cells ePLB c020 (20 Ah) connected in pairs and installed in 9 cases (1 case is 48 cells = 24 pairs).
1 cell = 4,2 V 20 Ah
1 case = 100 V 40 Ah
3 cases are in series = 300 V 40 Ah
and cases are total 3S3P = total 300 V 120 Ah

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello, i am Davide, been working for Micro-vett from 2011 to its end. Afterward i have been working for Tesla motors Norway Olso Skøyen. If you need assistance with Micro-vett i might help you. My email is [email protected]

·
Registered
7 Posts
Shure....Davide are a best techncian from microvett...

Please Davide send instruction for all on this forum....

If I'm not mistaken I think I read various versions of batteries for forino and doblò. (EIG and Kokam)
I have been working (little experience) on forino (old ice with petrol) with 60 Kokam batteries and charger Zivan ng3.

It would be nice if all vehicles micro vett worked ...

Ciao

Fox

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello. All the Fiorinos are with 6 eig modules and all the Doblos are with 3 Kokam modules.
24 kw for the fiorino and 35 kw for the doblò.
These vehicles have Lem(current sensor issues) and might have lost the ansaldo inverter configuration

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
Hello, i am Davide, been working for Micro-vett from 2011 to its end. Afterward i have been working for Tesla motors Norway Olso Skøyen. If you need assistance with Micro-vett i might help you. My email is [email protected]
Hey Davide,

Thanks for offering your help, i will send a email to hear more

;) michael

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
How do we know if the motorcontroller has lost config? as i remember the controller has a 80535 and a flash ram (with battery backup or).

Can we reprogram motor controller our self or is that a oem task?

thanks

;) michael

1 - 20 of 81 Posts