DIY Electric Car Forums banner

61 - 80 of 87 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello!

I have a MICRO-VETT FIORINO ELETTRICO 2014 workshop and the car is not working. Unfortunately, I don't have much information about this car yet, because there is little information about this car in our databases. The dashboard has a BMS error and Fuel Cut Off message.
On external inspection I found a faulty relay under the hood. Can anyone specify what the function of this relay is?

Attachments

·
Registered
87 Posts
Hello!

I have a MICRO-VETT FIORINO ELETTRICO 2014 workshop and the car is not working. Unfortunately, I don't have much information about this car yet, because there is little information about this car in our databases. The dashboard has a BMS error and Fuel Cut Off message.
On external inspection I found a faulty relay under the hood. Can anyone specify what the function of this relay is?

Hi, what is the initial problem of the Micro Vett you have? Fuel cut-off can also happen when the voltage of the battery is too low. Have you tried to start it?

·
Registered
2 Posts
The car came to the workshop because the seat heating switch had to be replaced. I replaced the switch and tested whether the seat heaters were working (ignition on). Then for a moment the ABS light and the Airbag light went on in the dashboard. When I tried to start the car, there was a Fuel Cut Off and BMS error in the dashboard.
I also thought the 12v battery was bad (tested and the battery was bad) and replaced it with a new one but the result is the same.

·
Registered
87 Posts
The car came to the workshop because the seat heating switch had to be replaced. I replaced the switch and tested whether the seat heaters were working (ignition on). Then for a moment the ABS light and the Airbag light went on in the dashboard. When I tried to start the car, there was a Fuel Cut Off and BMS error in the dashboard.
I also thought the 12v battery was bad (tested and the battery was bad) and replaced it with a new one but the result is the same.

You have to close the door and press the brake pedal before starting. Try that!

·
Registered
1 Posts
You have to close the door and press the brake pedal before starting. Try that!
I'm the owner of the car. The car is now 2 months in the workshop with no improvement. I'll try to elaborate the situation a bit more.

I took the car to workshop to fix seat heating. During the repair the car's 12V battery got drained (I guess the car was not started properly and the main battery -> 12V battery charger didn't run). Thus it behaved as usual when 12V battery gets drained - ABS and Airbag sign lights up and then it powered off due to low voltage.

The 12V battery got disconnected, recharged, eventually replaced with a brand new 12V battery. It didn't help.

Now when trying to start as usual (charging cable disconnected, doors closed, pushing break pedal, turning the ignition for 4+ seconds), the dashboard displays "BMS error" and "Fuel Cut Off" messages. A relay clicks also, I guess the one disconnecting the Battery.

When connecting a serial cable to the BMS and starting the car, it keeps spamming:
Inizializzazione...
Inizializzazione...
Inizializzazione...
Inizializzazione...

It does not react to any commands sent that usually display cell voltages.

(The text output was somewhat garbled, probably because of bad USB-serial cable, it went worse the longer I tried)

Tried to leave it charging overnight. Still same.

So seems the BMS cannot finish initialization for some reason. Any suggestions what to check?

·
Registered
5 Posts
I'm the owner of the car. The car is now 2 months in the workshop with no improvement. I'll try to elaborate the situation a bit more.

I took the car to workshop to fix seat heating. During the repair the car's 12V battery got drained (I guess the car was not started properly and the main battery -> 12V battery charger didn't run). Thus it behaved as usual when 12V battery gets drained - ABS and Airbag sign lights up and then it powered off due to low voltage.

The 12V battery got disconnected, recharged, eventually replaced with a brand new 12V battery. It didn't help.

Now when trying to start as usual (charging cable disconnected, doors closed, pushing break pedal, turning the ignition for 4+ seconds), the dashboard displays "BMS error" and "Fuel Cut Off" messages. A relay clicks also, I guess the one disconnecting the Battery.

When connecting a serial cable to the BMS and starting the car, it keeps spamming:
Inizializzazione...
Inizializzazione...
Inizializzazione...
Inizializzazione...

(The text output was somewhat garbled, probably because of bad USB-serial cable, it went worse the longer I tried)

So seems the BMS cannot finish initialization for some reason. Any suggestions what to check?
Is the charger of Fiorino good? I needed to replace it. My fiorino stood for many months. There were similar phenomena. One cell showed 0 voltage.
New charger and wrong cell was charged alone.
Th car run now. The service : https://www.facebook.com/e.service.solymar/posts/2770727043023599

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi all.
Does anyone know how to change configuration?
Now it is configed to 6 packs (48 UB number, 6*8=48), but I need to be running on 9 packs (9*8=72) if I think correctly.

When I connect 9 packs the car automatically enters config mode, and writes something like UB numero modificaro.

Thanks

Išsiųsta naudojantis SM-N9005 Tapatalk 4 Lt

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi there, I am new to this forum. We own a Micro-Vett for several months now and it is driving great. But now the car doesn't charge anymore. I searched, and found a corrowed connection in the charging cable. After replacement, the car beeps when connected to the 230Volt, then a few clicks, then one loud click and then it stops. I watched the charger, and the red charching light is activated about 1 second before it stops.
Any Idea what I can check and where it is located in the car?
Regards,
Ernst

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi there, I am new to this forum. We own a Micro-Vett for several months now and it is driving great. But now the car doesn't charge anymore. I searched, and found a corrowed connection in the charging cable. After replacement, the car beeps when connected to the 230Volt, then a few clicks, then one loud click and then it stops. I watched the charger, and the red charching light is activated about 1 second before it stops.
Any Idea what I can check and where it is located in the car?
Regards,
Ernst
Hi Ernst, Does this only happen while charching or does it also not drive? I had a similar problem where the main relay would turn off after a couple seconds, it didn't drive nor charge. After connecting to the bms via rs232 and sending "t" I noticed a cell temp of 80 Celsius which rapidly increased everytime I read data from the BMS. It appeared to be a faulty ADC on the pcb. Solution was disconnecting ntc connector. btw the main relay is mounted in a box together with a current sensor underneath the front-right headlight.
Wim

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi Ernst, Does this only happen while charching or does it also not drive? I had a similar problem where the main relay would turn off after a couple seconds, it didn't drive nor charge. After connecting to the bms via rs232 and sending "t" I noticed a cell temp of 80 Celsius which rapidly increased everytime I read data from the BMS. It appeared to be a faulty ADC on the pcb. Solution was disconnecting ntc connector. btw the main relay is mounted in a box together with a current sensor underneath the front-right headlight.
Wim
Below you can see the error: temperatura elevata: veicolo in blocco and in the most right row 92.5 C.
This wasn't the actual temp after measuring the resistance of every ntc and the cells with infrared.
IMG_20200516_161255.jpg

·
Registered
6 Posts

Inizializzazione...
Inizializzazione...
Inizializzazione...
Inizializzazione...

Hi, If the master does not detect every single module the same thing happens. You could check the AMP connectors (can-bus) from the front and rear modules for corrosion.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Good day.
Tell me what could be the problem?
I check the voltage of the cells (RS-232) and I have all the cells 2,9 volts temp 20c, although in reality about 3.5v
battery voltage -285v, rs-232 -202v
charging starts and immediately turns off with a red light
and an error appears "bloque 31"

·
Registered
6 Posts
Good day.
Tell me what could be the problem?
I check the voltage of the cells (RS-232) and I have all the cells 2,9 volts temp 20c, although in reality about 3.5v
battery voltage -285v, rs-232 -202v
charging starts and immediately turns off with a red light
and an error appears "bloque 31"
Hello,
Could you provide a screenshot from rs232 data. My guess is that the bms doesn't read all the cells

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello,
Could you provide a screenshot from rs232 data. My guess is that the bms doesn't read all the cells
hello
yes
I have 2 cars in stock.
one did not go right away, the second stopped giving data 50% bms, then 75%, then 100%

after "t"

after "F"

data on CAN BMS show that bms are sending 0, except for the top 1 with values (40 7A)

what could be the problem in bms ?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hello, is there anyone who knows how to adjust the ampere meter?
Mines shows about 9 Amps to low. It says -8 on stand still. Now the fuelmeter drops also much slower then before.
Regards, ErnstP

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi, thanks for your reply. I checked the sensor side, that's ok. Where is the other side of the cable connecties? I get lost trying to follow the cable.
Regards

61 - 80 of 87 Posts