DIY Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello! DIY Eletric forum!

First come to introduce myself:

I'm new to the forum and new to the EV world.

I'm with a car Palio Weekend Brazil that has already been converted to electric

it is equipped with a Zebra Mes DEA system

and even this not charging the battery one Z57-253-ML3X-76

The battery does not recharge

Help me!!

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
zebra as in molten sodium battery? There aren't too many of those in the wild. Mostly they were used in european fleet vehicles and larger vehicles like buses and delivery vans.

However all of those batteries I am aware of are a unitized housing with the BMS, heating/cooling system and the cells themselves. I don't know if the charger is incorporated or separate as well however.

If it is a sodium battery it requires heating to a few hundred degrees before it can charge or discharge. So if the car came to you "cold" or fully discharged for example because it sat a long time, then it might need to go through a heating cycle before it can start charging. It should do this automatically if everything is working.

Given all that probably nobody will be able to give anything other than general advice. First look for things like blown fuses and open circuit breakers. If the car's EV components (charger, battery, etc) uses CANBUS, get a CAN decoder and look for any messages while the car is turned on that might indicate the problem. Find the service manuals for the components if you don't have them (this could be difficult) and look there for diagnostic instructions. Contact the manufacturer and see if they can offer any ideas. They may or may not be very helpful though, sometimes the manufacturers dont support them very well.

Worst case scenario you might need to replace the battery and charging system with something else like a lithium pack.

If you aren't familiar with working around high voltage from the battery or when the charger is plugged in, please be very careful and find somebody who has some familiarity with that to help you out and teach you.

Good luck.

·
Registered
1 Posts
[QUOTE = "godinhoBR76, post: 831314, membro: 204074"]
Olá! Fórum DIY Eletric!

Primeiro, venho para me apresentar:

Sou novo no fórum e no mundo EV.

Estou com um carro Palio Weekend Brasil que já foi convertido para elétrico

é equipado com um sistema Zebra Mes DEA

e mesmo este não carregando a bateria um Z57-253-ML3X-76

A bateria não recarrega

Ajude-me !!
[/ CITAR]
[QUOTE = "godinhoBR76, post: 831314, membro: 204074"]
Olá! Fórum DIY Eletric!

Primeiro, venho para me apresentar:

Sou novo no fórum e no mundo EV.

Estou com um carro Palio Weekend Brasil que já foi convertido para elétrico

é equipado com um sistema Zebra Mes DEA

e mesmo este não carregando a bateria um Z57-253-ML3X-76

A bateria não recarrega

Ajude-me!!
[/CITAR]
Olá , sou do Brasil também e estou com um conjunto elétrico igual ao seu. Você conseguiu alguma solução?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts