DIY Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi! I’m looking for some advice on a potential project.

The base it’s a peugeot 206 chassis with some upgrades because i’ve used it for trackdays on the past.
The objective it’s to find an engine/batteries/controller combination that can produce 200-250hp.
The main use will be probably amateur hillclimbs because don’t need a very high autonomy and maybe made it all a bit cheaper/affordable.
Also i will mantain fwd traction because it’s easier to do the swap.

Now the question is what combination of engine/batteries/controller can work better for this use? I’ve seen here and on other forums that the nissan leaf engine can produce the power that i want with other combination of batteries and controller, and here it’s an easy engine to find (and relatively cheap 1000-1500€).
Any advice will be helpful, i have experience with engine swaps, modifications and chiptuning but the ev’s it’s a new challenge for me.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for your reply!
I know the best it’s 4wd or rwd but here it’s not very rare to see fwd cars running on hillclimbs. Maybe i can balance it placing the batteries the nearest as possible to the mass center of the car(i will have a lot of space because it will be only the driver’s seat). And also i’m not planning to do the fastest car, it’s more important what i can learn/test.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

This is the interior of the new fia rx2e electric rallycross car. Battery placed just to the side of driver’s seat. My idea it’s to do the same but at first fwd, maybe later i can think on a second evolution.
For the leaf engine what type of batteries can handle the 200-250 hp range for 10-15 minutes? I’m not sure if i’m thinking in an unrealistic autonomy.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.