DIY Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a surplus amount of Altairnano LTO cells.

Approx:

8,000 11Ah cells

1,000 50Ah cells - All 50Ah are SOLD

These are grade B surplus. I've been using them for pack builds and random projects. The majority are still packaged and wrapped on skids. I'd be looking to sell medium to large quantities and am open to price discussions/offers. From my understanding, these cells were produced by Kokam for Altairnano with their (Altairnano's) LTO chemistry.

I've attached the spec sheets for each cell. If you have any questions please feel free to reach out. Located in Indianapolis, IN. Thanks.

Attachments

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Battery semantics mostly. It essentially means these are cells that did not pass the 60Ah nominal capacity test (>60Ah) and ended up >50Ah but <60Ah (for the 50Ah cells). The 11Ah at >10Ah but less than 11Ah (although the 11Ah cells I have used all tested above 11Ah in capacity). When I worked for a lithium manufacturer, we sold A, B, and C grade cells. All were marginally different, but if they did not meet the test mark at EOL they were graded as such. Hope this helps.

What are grade "B" cells?

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'm interested in 11Ah cells if they are still available, been working on a high-c-rate J1772 charger for my bike and these appear to be rated for 6C Charge!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yep, still have 11Ah cells. People have been using them for similar applications. I am currently using them on a large scale drone project.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts