DIY Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Selling my 1970 VW bug conversion. $5000 OBO. Most work done and been driving for about a year:

Lithium ion battery pack 96V, 100Ah, 9.1 kWh (from Chevy volt), split into 2 packs
SD Technology BMS 24s with balancing and overcharge protection
Motor: ME1002 10” dia series wound 72-144 VDV, double shaft
Kelly KDZ 12400 controller
Elcon PFC1500 onboard charger
12 V contactor, voltmeter & ammeter below dashboard, new interior panels, headliner, and upholstery, diamond plate firewall, 12V onboard battery charger for accessory battery, plug in at gas tank door.

I finished it about a year ago and have been driving it. Needs some minor work still mainly on existing 12V car electrics. Has max speed of 48mph on level ground. Having talked to some experts I think it basically just needs more voltage and would probably do great with 120V. Or would be a great NEV as is. I have 2 additional matching 36 V battery packs that each have one bad cell that I will include with the car. Would obviously need to do some rewiring and reprogramming of charger and controller but should be minimal expense. I was going to do it but my situation has changed and I am moving and will no longer have a convenient place to work on it and need to sell.
The components and batteries alone are worth more than $5000

Attachments

1 - 1 of 1 Posts