DIY Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
FOR PARTS ONLY/ Will not separate.

Whole car minus high voltage battery. $3000

Project stalled. waiting to find money and parts.

If you need the parts more than I need to finish, here it is.

NO HIGH VOLTAGE BATTERY/ complete otherwise. NO TITLE

Located in Sterling, VA 20164

Google photos.
SMART

·
Super Moderator
1,556 Posts
I know you're selling... but..

Just because a battery is discharged to zero does not mean it is dead and worthless.

You can most certainly rescue that battery by manually charging the cells. It probably has 1-5% capacity loss from being deep discharged. Catastrophic battery loss comes generally only from the battery being reversed charged more than 15%, which the BMS shouldn't have done.

Any chance you've still got the battery and could try?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I know you're selling... but..

Just because a battery is discharged to zero does not mean it is dead and worthless.

You can most certainly rescue that battery by manually charging the cells. It probably has 1-5% capacity loss from being deep discharged. Catastrophic battery loss comes generally only from the battery being reversed charged more than 15%, which the BMS shouldn't have done.

Any chance you've still got the battery and could try?

The BMS is another $700 to reset. Waiting on appointment with DMV almost 2 months. Moneys tight figured I'd offer it up as parts of someone else is looking. Otherwise I will fix as money time permits. I have other electric LSV's I am working on currently.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.