DIY Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
FOR PARTS ONLY/ Will not separate.

Whole car minus high voltage battery. $3000

Project stalled. waiting to find money and parts.

If you need the parts more than I need to finish, here it is.

NO HIGH VOLTAGE BATTERY/ complete otherwise. NO TITLE

Located in Sterling, VA 20164

Google photos.
SMART

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What parts are in the vehicle?
I am selling it whole nothing is missing except the high voltage battery (not there). it "bricked" the battery from being unplugged for several months during the pandemic. The BMS went into junkyard mode and discharged completely. replacement battery is $10K

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What do you consider reasonable. I have found very few Ed's at this price level.

·
Super Moderator
1,327 Posts
I know you're selling... but..

Just because a battery is discharged to zero does not mean it is dead and worthless.

You can most certainly rescue that battery by manually charging the cells. It probably has 1-5% capacity loss from being deep discharged. Catastrophic battery loss comes generally only from the battery being reversed charged more than 15%, which the BMS shouldn't have done.

Any chance you've still got the battery and could try?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I know you're selling... but..

Just because a battery is discharged to zero does not mean it is dead and worthless.

You can most certainly rescue that battery by manually charging the cells. It probably has 1-5% capacity loss from being deep discharged. Catastrophic battery loss comes generally only from the battery being reversed charged more than 15%, which the BMS shouldn't have done.

Any chance you've still got the battery and could try?

The BMS is another $700 to reset. Waiting on appointment with DMV almost 2 months. Moneys tight figured I'd offer it up as parts of someone else is looking. Otherwise I will fix as money time permits. I have other electric LSV's I am working on currently.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts