DIY Electric Car Forums banner

For SALE - 2015 VIA MOTORS VTRUX - 23K miles

12197 Views 45 Replies 20 Participants Last post by  remy_martian
For sale or trade is a 2015 VIA Motors VTrux aka Chevrolet Silverado 1500. The truck is fully converted to an electric drivetrain by VIA motors. The truck has 23600miles on it.
The truck has all factory components except for the transmission. Instead of the transmission, there are two electric motors, one as a generator and one as a drive motor.
The drive motor is mated to a reduction gearbox 2.68:1 and to a GM transfer case before it links to the rear differential. The drive motor is capable of 400nm of Torque and 400hp similar to the factory engine. With the reduction gearbox, that's a peak of close to 1000nm to the wheels.
The generator acts as a range extender and recharges the battery from the 4.3L V6 EcoTec Engine. The 4.3L V6 engine kicks on automatically once the battery reaches a 20% charge and maintains it at 20% throughout the drive.
Too much to post here, see the pics. Pictures

Attachments

41 - 46 of 46 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Not sure if anyone is still actively watching this post but here's hoping!

A local-ish dealer has a 2014 Hybrid Silverado 1500 for sale with under 22k miles. Its in pristine condition but apparently the battery is no good & will need replaced. It will I guess also need to be towed off the lot.

Are these viable options for trucks? Everything Im reading is showing VIA went a different direction after aquisition. I worried about spending $20k on a truck and being stuck with a lemon.

I'm a contractor and something like this would work for my business if it actually got the 100 mile range. I did see at one point they had a solar tonneau cover option but I doubt that's available?

Anyone have input on the cost of the battery replacement, any warranty still and any real problems with these? Im looking to buy it before the end of the year so i can get my tax credits.

Thanks all.

Chris

· Registered
5,397 Posts
Do not hang making a living on any abomination you can't get quickly serviced and parts for.

The dead VIA trucks I personally know of (I have the leftovers) were reverted back to full ICE.

Those trucks would only go 35 miles on pure electric when new, by the way. Not sure where you got 100 from (shady dealer?):

$20k with a dead battery?

😂

· Registered
1 Posts
Do not hang making a living on any abomination you can't get quickly serviced and parts for.

The dead VIA trucks I personally know of (I have the leftovers) were reverted back to full ICE.

Those trucks would only go 35 miles on pure electric when new, by the way. Not sure where you got 100 from (shady dealer?):

$20k with a dead battery?

😂
What kind of parts do you have for these trucks that your talking about being converted back to ICE? I’m needing a generator and the parts to connect it to the rear of the engine on my vtrux.

· Registered
5,397 Posts
I have the leftovers from, not for, the ICE reverted truck.

It sounds like your truck, if you actually have one, is completely written off in value with what's missing 😬

There are two of the generators, 90% certain they are the ones also used in the Vtrux, being sold as a pair on eBay right now (not by me).

41 - 46 of 46 Posts