DIY Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a 98 dodge dakota with a Advance DC adc-fb-1001 motor. and a Raptor 1200Amp controller. When I got it, it had 24 Trojan 145 6v batteries that had sat and got run down. I was charging them individually to get them back to life. I got about 10 done and decided to buy some lifeP04 batteries. They are a123 26650 in 42v modules. I have 8 42v 16ah modules. I hooked them up and blew a fuse. I am no electrician and don't know how to fix so I am am selling it. I will sell the whole truck with the 6v batteries for $1000. I will through in the Lifep04 for another $500. I would consider parting out, but don't really want to take apart as I don't have a lot of time, but would do it if the price was right. Thanks.
Micah

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
New users have to have 10 posts before they can read PMs I think?

Also, mrdude33, your price is low. Your controller is worth near what you're asking. Your lead-acid batteries are 72lbs each, you have 24, so 1728lbs and are worth $0.33/lb at a specialty scrapyard ($570 right there).

You're effectively charging $430 for the whole rig. Tires are probably worth more.

Just my two cents.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sorry, I forgot my password and got locked out of my account. I sold the truck without the batteries for 750. I know I could have gotten more, but I needed the money and didn't have time to part it out.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts