DIY Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I bought these off a friend who started an EV conversion company that went bankrupt a year back. They are A123 Battery Modules with built-in monitoring and balance boards (MBB) and I also have (3) A123 BCM's that I'll just give who ever buys them. I've never tried to connect the BCMs, so I can't be sure if they are functioning or what the parameters are set to. If you are familiar with these BCM's, you're more than welcome to have them with your purchase of the modules. From what my friend said, these modules were never placed into production vehicles. I planned on using them for my own EV conversion and a couple other projects, but due to the #$$#% pandemic am now at a point where I NEED to sell them to pay bills :( The attached datasheet is what my friend sent me for a better description of what they are. I tried contacting A123 several times with no luck to ask for specific information based on their serial numbers, but never heard back from them. The following link is the best data I can provide for these cells: Specifications. All modules have been balanced with a nominal charge of 3.3v prior to storage. They have only lost about 0.02v since they were stored in the basement.

I don't know how much to really sell them for, so if you are interested please PM with an offer. I live near Detroit, Michigan and understand that the cost of shipping these really wouldn't be "cost effective", so if you wanted to meet somewhere halfway (depending on how far that is) and you cover my gas cost (20mpg)...I'd be willing to arrange something with you.

Attachments

·
Registered
2015 Via Motors V-Trux
5 Posts
Hi, I am interested in these batteries. May I know the dimensions and the weight of each of these so I can check for shipping to my location?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The 10s3p modules are 11-1/2"L x 6-1/2"W x 9-1/2"H and weigh 40.6lbs. The 13s3p modules are 14-1/4"L x 6-1/2"W x 9-1/2"H and weigh 52lbs.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
If possible, I'd really like $10/cell. So, $300 for the 10s3ps and $390 for the 13s3ps. But given the holiday season and my dire need to pay some bills or file for bankruptcy, I'll sell them for $250 and $300, respectively.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts