DIY Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Like new, never put in a vehicle.
Recently tested on a 1PV5138 motor at 380 volts. It works fine.
Other than those small tests, it has never been used.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi,
How do you control the inverter? Do you have a GEVCU unit or similar?
Is the inverter programmed ?
I am interested for driving a similar motor, a 1pv5138 .

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It's funny you mention the 1PV5138, because that's actually the motor I was using to test on with this inverter.
I used the GEVCU from evtv to drive it. It's a bit on the pricy side, but if you just have an Arduino mega with a CAN-bus shield, you can do everything you need (and the evtv code is public and open source).
It is programmed as the 'watercooled' version and works just fine with the 1PV5138. I even have some specs from Siemens on that particular motor if you want to mess around in CCShell to get optimal values.

I believe under road conditions this inverter will work fine. I switched to a different one because I'm building a rock crawler which will be operating at very low rpm (meaning very low efficiency, maybe 60%) and I wanted to be sure I could cool that amount of heat. I'm not too knowledgeable on the topic, but I figured 'better safe than sorry'. Though my gut says, with proper air cooling it would probably be fine (especially because that inverter has thermal throttling built in)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts