DIY Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have acquired a variety of fast acting semiconductor fuses and holders. The fuses themselves vary from 250v-500v AC and from 150-600 amps. These are the same type/class sizing that other EV stores offer. I will be using the A25X250 on my 144v 500 amp DC set up. I have plenty left over to pass on savings. All have been tested. Condition varies as some have marks on them. Admins delete if not allowed.

A50P600 (500 volts 600 amps) $20
A25X250 (250 volts 250 amps) $10
A25X150 (250 volts 150 amps) $5
JJS-200 (not for sale)
Corresponding holders $20 with purchase of fuse

Attachments

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
What good are AC fuses on a DC battery pack?

DC has like 10-100x the arcing possibility for comparable voltage because of its lack of zero crossing in the waveform.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What good are AC fuses on a DC battery pack?

DC has like 10-100x the arcing possibility for comparable voltage because of its lack of zero crossing in the waveform.
I was misinformed on the T-trons being compatible (far right), and so those are no longer for sale. However, I have been assured here and in other groups that the Gould Amp-Trap style are okay to use on DC. Plenty of big name EV retailers sale them. If some one with experience with this style can chime in I welcome all feed back.

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
The A50P ones are rated at 450V DC. The A25X series does not appear to have a DC rating though. Apparently they were designed for rectifiers.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The A50P ones are rated at 450V DC. The A25X series does not appear to have a DC rating though. Apparently they were designed for rectifiers.
Thank you for that info! The only bit I was given and could find on them were those data curves and dimensions.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts