DIY Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The 1PV5138 are the bigger more powerful "Grand-daddy" of the Siemens Motors line. These are longer and much more powerful than the Siemens motors used in the Azure / Ford Transit Connect which have become so plentiful online. These 1PV5138-4WS24 motors are rated to make a staggering 391 ft-lbs of torque and well over 200 horsepower!

Yet they're still rated to spin up to 9,000RPM making them great for direct drive but you can also make an adapter and bolt them up to a transmission if you like. The dimensions and bolt pattern of the motor faces are the same as the smaller Siemens motors but these units make more power because they are longer. The fact that they are liquid cooled and German engineered still yields a pretty powerful motor for it's volume. The motor speed encoder is built into the back of each motor and is 64 pulses per revolution. I can recommend a number of AC motor controllers (inverters)from 100kW to 200kW which can drive these powerful Siemens motors. I have a number of these motors in new or like new condition that some fellow EAA chapter members and I purchased from the Canada Azure Auction site and imported into the US. They are in Seattle now and we are selling what we're not keeping in order to help pay for our own projects. Make me a reasonable offer and you could have yourself a kick-gas motor for cheap! :cool:

I also listed some brand new in box 2.36:1 gear boxes which bolt right up to these big Siemens 1PV5138 series AC induction motors. Buy a motor and gearbox and connect it to your driveshaft and you've got a simple and very powerful EV with no complicated adapter plate.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi Hollie Maea,

I replied at length to your PM as well, but figured I'd reply here for other's who may be interested.

Myself and a few other members of the Seattle Electric Vehicle Association pooled our resources to purchase a few lots of motors from Azure Dynamics operations up in B.C. Canada. After a customs nightmare, we got them all down to Seattle and we're keeping some stuff for our own projects and selling the rest to hopefully recoup our money and ideally make a little on top to fund our own EV projects. :D

If you look at the prices various people have for other smaller much less powerful Siemens motors, their prices range from about $2,000 to $3,000. Both of those motors have smaller bizarre shafts to mount to, where-as ours are the more standard and beefier Siemens Splined shafts. We think it's reasonable that our more powerful motors should sell for slightly more than the smaller ones and it would still be a win-win compared to the $9,500 to $12,000 that Metric Mind has these big Siemens motors listed for.

For anybody interested feel free to PM me with an offer, I'll discuss it with the other guys and the worst we can say is no right?

Thanks, -Stephen Johnsen-

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes we do still have some of these big Siemens motors and also some of the KDS / Silvatech gearboxes which match up to the motors. Of the remaining motors we have, there are two slight variations on the output shaft style and one is directly compatible with the gearbox so let me know if you are wanting a gearbox as well.

Additionally there is one used looking motor with a gearbox and driveshaft brake installed which we could sell at a discount since it looks used.

All of the motors have been tested and they function, including the used looking one on the gearbox. I can provide a video of the motor running before we ship it.

As far as the photos go, I'm not exactly sure why the links don't work but I'll get some more photos and try and upload them for you later.

Best Regards, -Stephen Johnsen

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Finally, here is a spec sheet which I have made some notes on with the conversions from metric to US measurements.

These are the grand-daddy Siemens motors which are factory rated at 85kW CONTINUOUS! These would be great for an EV race vehicle or other high performance car or truck and could be pushed much harder for shorter durations. They are nicely sealed units and liquid-cooled!

Attachments

·
Registered
15 Posts
For Sale: Siemens AC-Motor, Inverter-Components, HV-Battery...

Hello DIY-Folks,

I'm from Germany and a long-time-reader of this DIYELECTRICCAR-Forum.
...so sorry for my bad english.

A few years ago I had the idea of building my own EV... but
I recognised soon, that I have to less time for my EV-Project.
So I decided either waiting a few years until my son becomes 17-18, where he could help me ...or, if someone is Interested buying the components I have collected the last few years, I would sell it all together.

There are still some interesting High-Performance-Components in my garage which are occupying Space.

Now the offered components:

Motor:
BLDC/PMSM Motor/Generator 1FV5139 , 85kW/[email protected], current 170A, max. 4000rpm, Maxtorque [email protected], 650V, 120kg, Tempsensor

Inverter-Parts (without box):
2 x Driver-Boards from Elfa-Duo-Inverter
(one Driverboard is damaged (two of eight Driver-circuits are smoked by a shortcut or overcurrent... the corresponding two IGBT's were also damaged... 6 channels are still usable (I think) ...still good for testing issues).
The other Board is in a very good condition.
Each Bard has an isolated voltage measuring circuit and connectors for two amp-sensors and one temperature-sensor (temperature-control of IGBT's) onboard.
6 x Big Capacitors Epcos 2100µF 385V (in the original Inverter were two in Series... so 770V rated)
6 x Big IGBT
2x Current-Sensors
Temperature-Sensor
Brainboard (I don't know if someone can reuse it)
Some Stainless-Screws
Multilayer of stainless metal-sheets with Isolators (Busbars and Phases U, V, W)

Throttle (original from the Hybrid-Vehicel)

IMA Battery NIMH 144V and 6,5Ah (Honda Insight) capable of 10kW (maybe more for shorter periodes) for experiments. This Battery is the old one from my Honda Insight MK1 which caused sometimes an IMA-error... but still good for testing-issues.
Selfmade Charger (350mA)

This components were used in a Hybrid-Bus with a 600V System.

I did some Reverse-Ingeneering researches on this Driverboards some time ago, and it should be quite easy to control it by a selfmade Inverter-Brainboard.
Some clever guys in the WEB (also here in this Forum) are offering "Universal Motor Control" -units (like Michal Elias, jhuebner etc...) wich were ideal for this project.

Location: Germany near Frankfurt... and the buyer has to pick it up by himself... no shipping (or cantact me and maybe we find a solution)

Here is my advertisement on www.ebaykleinanzeigen.de with some pictures:

http://www.ebay-kleinanzeigen.de/s-anzeige/siemens-hochleistungs-komponenten-fuer-elektroauto-motor,-inverter/397342132-223-4863

Price: 3000€€ pick-up

Sorry for my bad english.

Here are some pictures:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/hr3tmudgjxiul2h/AAAGm6ofY3qAYd8wtNlE9Weoa?dl=0

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
The 1PV5138 are the bigger more powerful "Grand-daddy" of the Siemens Motors line. These are longer and much more powerful than the Siemens motors used in the Azure / Ford Transit Connect which have become so plentiful online. These 1PV5138-4WS24 motors are rated to make a staggering 391 ft-lbs of torque and well over 200 horsepower!

Yet they're still rated to spin up to 9,000RPM making them great for direct drive but you can also make an adapter and bolt them up to a transmission if you like. The dimensions and bolt pattern of the motor faces are the same as the smaller Siemens motors but these units make more power because they are longer. The fact that they are liquid cooled and German engineered still yields a pretty powerful motor for it's volume. The motor speed encoder is built into the back of each motor and is 64 pulses per revolution. I can recommend a number of AC motor controllers (inverters)from 100kW to 200kW which can drive these powerful Siemens motors. I have a number of these motors in new or like new condition that some fellow EAA chapter members and I purchased from the Canada Azure Auction site and imported into the US. They are in Seattle now and we are selling what we're not keeping in order to help pay for our own projects. Make me a reasonable offer and you could have yourself a kick-gas motor for cheap! :cool:

I also listed some brand new in box 2.36:1 gear boxes which bolt right up to these big Siemens 1PV5138 series AC induction motors. Buy a motor and gearbox and connect it to your driveshaft and you've got a simple and very powerful EV with no complicated adapter plate.

Im interested in a motor or motor setup for my 69 westy? Ive sent a PM

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hi all, sorry I had some trouble logging into the DIY forums after not being so active recently.
Most of the big Siemens motors (and all of the gearboxes) have sold except for a few we kept for some of our own personal projects. At this point I would be willing to let some of them go as I'm more involved with other things (like the Ford Cobrajet1400 with #MLe.)

So I think what I have still now are two of the 1PV5135 Siemens motors which I believe were custom built just for Azure before they did the Ford Transit Connect project. So these have MUCH thicker output shafts (in fact they are the thickest diameter of any of the Siemens motors we ever had) they are also custom wound for lower voltage so we'd been keeping them for a race car project but I'm on to other things and I suppose I would be willing to sell for say $2,500 each which is less than what EV West sells the similar smaller shaft version for.

Lastly I also have a brand new liquid-cooled MES-DEA induction motor with spline adapter, it was over $6,000 originally but I'd let it go for say $1,800

I also have a Remy HVH internal permanent magnet motor. I forget which exact model it is the similar Remy/Borg Warner cores as used inside the Cobrajet 1400 motors so they are very powerful for the size but this is in the Remy/Borg Warner housing instead of the Cascadia Motion housing. Let me know if interested.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts