DIY Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a DC motor and controller package for sale. It is a curtis 1231c motor controller along with an Advance DC motor FB1-4001.

This is a very solid package for DIY build. I was running this in my Porsche 914 for years and it proved very reliable.

I was in the process of adding a liquid cooling package to it when I changed path and decided to move away from DC and start converting the car to AC powered. I'll be including the chill plate and shunt shown in the images with the package. The only thing remaining on the chill plate is plugging a hole that I miss drilled that if not plugged will create a leak. Its a pretty simple fix at this point (I was just going to tap the hole and thread a plug into it...but you can decide how you want to fix it).

$1500 for the package.

If someone is converting a 914, I can also add the 901 transmission to the package for a small increase in price.

At this point I'm hoping to find a local buyer in California, so I can avoid freight shipping on the heavy motor, but if someone outside CA is looking then I suppose we can look into the cost of shipping and crating.

·
Registered
5 Posts
How was your acceleration with this motor/controller combo? Unfortunately I am in Missouri, so I am well outside your area, but there is a local seller with the same setup in a pickup that I may get. I would PM you, but I do not have enough posts for that privilege yet. Than you.

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Acceleration was sufficient, but not outstanding. A 914 weighs about 2000lbs, and came with a 75hp engine. I added a few hundred pounds and the car behaved quite similar to the stock car. That was with a 120v lead acid version.

I'd say an S10 truck at 120-144v with the advanced DC motor would work fine as a local commuter car. It would probably be a bit under-powered compared to modern cars, but not dangerously so. So long as you have the transmission still connected it should be fine.

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Re: For Sale: Curtis 1231c Controller and Advance DC motor - $500

Price Reduction - $500 for the set.

I just need to get rid of this stuff, and I don't want it going to the landfill. This is for local pickup, or I'll meet you somewhere halfway, not for shipping since it is too heavy and shipping would likely be more than the parts.

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Matt

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
not yet. I'd like to sell as a set, but if nobody bites after a few weeks that might be an option.

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I'm forced to get rid of this much faster than I was planning. My storage location has come to an end, so i need to get rid of this motor and gearbox immediately. It is free (or whatever amount you would like to donate to me) for whoever can come pick it up quickly. The motor/gearbox is in Redondo Beach CA, and it will go to whoever comes to get it first. I will not be shipping this. If it is not taken in the next week or two it will end up in a dumpster, so I'm really hoping that someone in SoCal can make use of it.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I'm forced to get rid of this much faster than I was planning. My storage location has come to an end, so i need to get rid of this motor and gearbox immediately. It is free (or whatever amount you would like to donate to me) for whoever can come pick it up quickly. The motor/gearbox is in Redondo Beach CA, and it will go to whoever comes to get it first. I will not be shipping this. If it is not taken in the next week or two it will end up in a dumpster, so I'm really hoping that someone in SoCal can make use of it.
PM myself. I could pay for shipping to get it where I'm located.

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
As noted earlier, I am not going to ship these. I just do not have the time to deal with shipping. I've shipped other motors, and I'm done dealing with shipping companies, and I don't have time to deal with their headaches.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I can come and pick these up if you still have them. I'm in Socal.

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I can come and pick these up if you still have them. I'm in Socal.
sure. I sold the transmission separately, so i'll be splitting the motor from the transmission. But the motor and the controller are still available for whatever donation amount you would like to give. I'd like to have it picked up this weekend if possible. I do have a "cherry picker" at the location for the heavy lifting, but not packaging material at all.

·
Registered
3 Posts
sure. I sold the transmission separately, so i'll be splitting the motor from the transmission. But the motor and the controller are still available for whatever donation amount you would like to give. I'd like to have it picked up this weekend if possible. I do have a "cherry picker" at the location for the heavy lifting, but not packaging material at all.
Ok, I was only looking at the motor and controller. I'm available all week so whenever you're free i'll come by to pick up those items.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts