DIY Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello everyone! im over in the openinverter forums but thought i might post this here as might be helpful to others

About a year ago I scored a great deal on a gen2 leaf motor, which changed my ev plans.
Being there was no good way to adapted to the motor shaft, I spent a good long time designing this coupler.
As a result i got a small batch of them made and still have a few left for any one interested.

gen 2 leaf motor (EM57) shaft coupler
untested on gen 1 leaf motor(EM61)(7/17/2020)

362FB2D8-0988-4273-ABB3-9816E0C040CB.jpeg

FE686404-D8DD-46B6-A075-CCDA793C220A.jpeg

features:

-non heat treated 304L stainless steal

-pre-marked rotex gs38 bolt pattern(this means a blank face with the marks for the gs38).

-designed to mate with a 7208b angular contact bearing (removes any loads on the leaf motor shaft)

-3.75in mounting face

Adapter plate CAD :https://github.com/angusjo/leaf-splines ... ate.SLDPRT

When the bearing is utilized, mounting flywheels or drives shafts is possible.

Video: coupler fitment

350$ CAD + shipping

this part is provide as is
I hold no liability for any results occurred from the use of the coupler.

paypal.me/bratIndustries
[email protected]
@electricrallybrat

·
Registered
4 Posts
I'd like to design a part that converts the splined output to a more standard keyed shaft like a Warp9 or Curtis motor, but getting the splines right is a tricky task.

Can you provide a video of you putting the adapter on to the motor that shows there is no play in the adapter?

·
Registered
291 Posts
You asked the same question I did. No video needed, just how the shop made them, or name the shop that made them, to the tolerances needed.

EV West has a video that talks about how to put them on a motor.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'd like to design a part that converts the splined output to a more standard keyed shaft like a Warp9 or Curtis motor, but getting the splines right is a tricky task.

Can you provide a video of you putting the adapter on to the motor that shows there is no play in the adapter?
[/Q

they are non involuted splines. I did some research on spline geometry, and talked with a few machinist.

the geometry is spot on.

video: leaf motor coupler fitment

·
Registered
4 Posts
Is your splined adapter a slip fit or does it require a bit of heat before it will go onto the motor shaft?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts