DIY Electric Car Forums banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1996 Toyota Land Cruiser
141 Posts
Not quite yet. Blah blah covid blah blah. But I am working on it, a little bit longer and updated and cheaper design will be available !
On your updated design will it still work with the original adapter plate and bearing? I am currently working to get my adapter plate machined and I want to make sure it will still work with the new version! I'll probably end up with 2 or 3 extra adapter plates if anyone else needs one. Don't have price currently.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
On your updated design will it still work with the original adapter plate and bearing? I am currently working to get my adapter plate machined and I want to make sure it will still work with the new version! I'll probably end up with 2 or 3 extra adapter plates if anyone else needs one. Don't have price currently.
the design is much simpler, resulting in a cheaper price and being made from 4140 alloy steel.
Yes it will still fit the bearing, but In order to have it locked in place, a c-clip grove will need to be machine along with a matting face. drawings and what not will be posted. showing these features.
new couplers will end up to be around 200$ As a result!

·
Registered
1996 Toyota Land Cruiser
141 Posts
I got my adapter plate, just waiting on this piece! Are you the original author of this 3D model? Either way thank you for making it available!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
I got my adapter plate, just waiting on this piece! Are you the original author of this 3D model? Either way thank you for making it available!

Nice. Yup designed the adapter plate. looks like there’s no other bolt holes for the gearbox side machined in. what’s your plan ?

·
Registered
1996 Toyota Land Cruiser
141 Posts
I will have a custom driveshaft manufactured to bolt onto your shaft adapter and go to my input on the transfer case since I'm ditching my gearbox.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts