DIY Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Photos at Shutterfly: http://share.shutterfly.com/action/welcome?sid=0AbMm7dyzaNnDkY

This is a great opportunity for an EV enthusiast. Over $50,000 invested . . . Super fun to drive!

This is a pure electric car. PROBABLY NEEDS SOME NEW BATTERIES. Some have been over-discharged. I'm not sure how many. This is a super nice EV... just needs the right TLC.
Asking $12,500 OBO. Additional Photos on Request.
http://share.shutterfly.com/action/welcome?sid=0AbMm7dyzaNnDkY

video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=aYdLny75HaI#at=62

This is a pure electric vehicle converted from gasoline in 2008 by an EV engineer in Boulder, Colorado. He is director of engineering for a Boulder-based EV manufacturer. Originally a 93 mile range. It was my daily driver. It has heated leather seats, sun roof, Dolby Surround Sound stereo, front wheel drive, seating for 4 adults and is quite snazzy. This car has retained the six speed gear box and can easily do highway speeds and more, with all the safety features and airbags that Volvo is known for. It handles awesome and has new tires up front and very good tires in the rear. A sweet ride by all accounts.

I will include a 50' and a 25' charging cords, a laptop pc computer with software and cabling for programming the controller.

8,000 miles total on this 2008 Volvo C30 in excellent condition. Converted from a brand new Volvo C30 (sticker price of $30,000). Over $50,000 invested. This car is clean inside and out with very minor wear and tear; I am the second owner.

Currently it is in need of some TLC for the batteries (I'm not sure how many) and a good BMS (battery management system). Several of the 90 100AH LiFePO4 (LFP) batteries in the vehicle have been damaged by over-discharging them. Sadly, the existing BMS does not protect from over-discharge, it only provides a warning light. I suggest the buyer install a proper BMS.

It has a 29 Kwh Thundersky Lithium Pack with balancing BMS, provides overcharge shutoff and over discharge "warning".

Electric Power Steering (original equipment on the Volvo). MES DEA liquid heater. Clutchless transmission- you shift gears but without the use of the clutch, it's simple. Air Ride suspension.

Zivan Charger. 55 amp IOTA dc/dc Azure Dynamics AC55 AC drive train with regenerative braking. This vehicle was the first of a planned production run of conversions.

This vehicle worked great until I damaged the batteries and would be great for someone with EV experience or someone who wants to learn/teach about DIY EVs.

***** PLEASE only serious buyers. I do not have time for curious people. BUYERS ONLY PLEASE. *****

I am not an EV guy and cannot answer all of your questions about DIY EVs. I'm looking to pass this great car along to an enthusiastic buyer who has the time or money to finish it out properly. It needs batteries and a good BMS.

Asking $12,500 OBO Telephone: 415-448-6251

Attachments

·
Registered
265 Posts
This is a beautiful car and a beautiful conversion! I've always thought one of these would make a very nice EV. If I didn't already have a project underway, I'd be very tempted. I have 48kWh of Chevy Volt batteries in my garage ready to go too! It'll be an awesome car for whoever buys it! Best of luck.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts