I had a lot of fun doing this EV conversion and I learned a lot too. I met a lot of great people in the process. I'm selling the car because it doesn't meet my needs any more. The furthest I ever drove it was 70 miles. I usually drive it about 25 miles per day. I put 28,000 miles on it since converting it.
This is a running EV that I use as my daily driver.
* 50 CALB 180ah batteries, purchased brand new in November 2011
* Soliton Jr Controller
* Zivan NG5 Charger, 25 amps, 240 volts
* Toyota MR2 electric / hydraulic power steering pump
* Zivan NG1 DC/DC adapter
* Xantrex LinkPRO
* FB1-4001 9" DC motor. Motor was professionally reconditioned in January 2105.
* More photos at ejetta.com
A forum community dedicated to DIY electric car owners and enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about electric vehicle conversions, builds, performance, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, maintenance, and more!