DIY Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
###SOLD####

Parting out my 2001 Passat EV, it's been my daily driver for 10 years / 92k miles; ready to move on to something new.

For sale is my Ford Siemens 90kw motor with VW transmission adapter. 92k miles with zero issues. You can see this EV conversion at etischer.com/awdev. Included is custom machined optical encoder system, and upgraded sealed bearings. Tail housing has been modified (clocked 90 degrees) so electrical junction box is on the side instead of top (to improve hood clearance).

Asking $2000 for Motor, adapter plate, and motor coupling.
### Update Asking $1000 ###

You can see the EV build I used with this motor at etischer.com/awdev

Local pickup only, items located in Dublin, California.

Please email me, etischer -at- etischer -dot- com if you have any questions
thanks

-eric.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wow, end of an era...this build was one of my early inspirations.
YES! End of an era for sure. Building it was an awesome learning experience, and basically got me my job at Tesla in 2011. I left Tesla almost 2 years ago, and no longer have a commute, so the car just doesn't get driven. I've done maybe 100 miles in it over the last year, and it just doesn't make sense to pay insurance and registration on it anymore. I don't want to worry about the liabilities of having it on the road with someone else driving it, so I think the best thing for me is to part it out; hopefully to someone who will get as much out of such project as I did.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts